[Solved] serious problem with Firefox & Google Chrome

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Tiger-1, May 4, 2021.

1. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Unfortunately after a fall of energy I restarted my W10 LTSC usually, but what was my surprise because when trying to access my favorite websites they just did not open? or rather saying only a few websites opened so I first checked in the device manager if everything was ok and was, in sequence I opened the msconfig and also everything ok, I used the sfc / scannow and also everything ok ... so soon I thought it will be some virus on my machine? because I do not use Windows Defender (removed including their "cousins" and no anti-viruses); But I use Adguard v7.6.1 premium and he also did not accuse anything in this way I took a drastic decision: I reinstalled the system already thinking of other possibilities but the problem persisted! Then it diminished the size of the partition C: and I installed the W8.1 in dual boot to see what could happen ... but the problem persisted ??? So I appealed to my latest technical resources I believe in possessing and I decided to restart with the W10 LTSC and clicked on the option to access the BIOS / UEFI I checked item by item and everything was ok until I arrived in the hardware \ peripheral configuration and then I finally discovered the Damn problem: For some reason the Onboard Lan Controller item was disabled so it was easy just able to again the network card and my browsers returned to work as a charm I swear I've never seen this before since Windows 1.0 times ;):eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    #2 Mr.X, May 4, 2021
    Last edited: May 4, 2021
    New Hacker group called PowerGridWormy doing their stuff.

They've just released a new insidious creature five days ago.

:tooth:

3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ^
    Hmm is that the problem was not with you ...;):D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...