[Solved] Server 2016 Essentials - OEM (USB Installation, ISO download ?)

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by itsmemario1, Apr 11, 2018.

1. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012
    Hi there,

I have a "Server 2016 Essentials OEM" DVD (1-2 CPUs), with a valid "This is not a COA" Sticker + unused license code. (field is unscratched)

The Server is going to be a DomainController.

As Im waiting for the SATA Cable to arrive, to connect the Optical Drive, I thought about downloading an ISO of "Server 2016 Essentials" and install from USB Stick.

1.) But you got to enter all kind of personal infos, before beeing able to download the 2016 Essentials version from Microsoft.

2.) I read its "not as easy as Server 2012" to create an USB Stick from this ISO and/or create an ISO from the DVD because of size limits for example. (?)

Questions is :
    Is there a (trial) ISO of "Server 2016 Essentials" available for download, without registering and will I be able to use my license-key from the sticker while booting and installing a trial from USB ?

And will DomainController be possible ? I read using the trial version that it will NOT be possible to use it as DomainControlle, if you use slmgr to "add" the key for example. (?)

Im a bit confused after googling the last hour. Please be noob-friendly. ;)

Thanks in advance.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012
    Thanks alot ! :)

I get a :
    502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.

on your microsoft dl service link. Any change for a german version ? :)

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009