[Solved] Single Language Win8 x64 iso needed

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Bluesmaster, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Bluesmaster

Bluesmaster MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2017
    I've been trying for days to find a copy of this. It is needed for a Sony machine that had it's partitions erased by someone installing ubuntu. I have tried every link and magnet link and no downloads work or magnets connect. If anyone has a copy of this I would be forever gratefgul. Thanks

2. Bluesmaster

Bluesmaster MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2017
    Thank you Mrmagic. Not sure if the 8.1 will work but I will try it and report back.

Thanks

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @Bluesmaster

8.1 CSL will definitely work. On the other hand, you're still eligible for a lifetime digital entitlement - grab latest 10 (15063 ATM) CSL ISO, do a clean install, be online & you'll be instantly activated.

4. Bluesmaster

Bluesmaster MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2017
    #5 Bluesmaster, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    (OP)
    I tried the 8.1 but I'm still getting the BSOD loop . Another forum stated that the vaio UEFI has to have secure boot on with a single language windows home 8 x64 . If your asked for a key then you have the wrong version. I was still asked for a key but I tried anyways to no avail. While I wait for other suggestions I will try the win10 coem single language. I've got nothing but time lol.

UPDATE: I tried both copies and had zero success. Upon careful reading of forums and Sony's support site. I have to install windows 8 x64 home then download all drivers and programs from support then I need to update the bios so I can move to 8.1 then download Vaio update to get to windows 10. It sure would be nice if Sony would make their recovery DVD available for the SVD13215CDW without charging an arm and a leg but I may have to resort to it if I can not find a Windows 8 x64 OEM single language iso . All help is appreciated and I will keep updating on the situation.

5. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
  6. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    #8 LostED, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    *removed*

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  8. Bluesmaster

Bluesmaster MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2017
    I was able to get a copy of Windows 8 core x64 and am currently installing all the drivers and updates on the Vaio in question. Hopefully upgrading to 8.1 and 10 will go off without a hitch. Thanks for all the input and time you took to help me.

9. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    So you needed Core (Home) rather than Single Language seems to be why it wouldn't accept your key?

10. Bluesmaster

Bluesmaster MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2017
    Well , from what I understand from other forums I was perusing is that CORE accepts both OEM and Retail keys and also has the ability to read the UEFI key. I wasn't asked to input anything the entire install and once I set up wifi it activated on its own. It's running Windows 10 now flawlessly. You can bet I will be keeping a copy of CORE around for future use lol.

11. Bluesmaster

Bluesmaster MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2017
    Well , from what I understand from other forums I was perusing is that CORE accepts both OEM and Retail keys and also has the ability to read the UEFI key. I wasn't asked to input anything the entire install and once I set up wifi it activated on its own. It's running Windows 10 now flawlessly. You can bet I will be keeping a copy of CORE around for future use lol.

12. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    If the key had been for Single Language, it would have also accepted it, you were just trying to install the wrong version of Windows is all :)

If you try installing Windows 10 Home it will likely accept it also