[SOLVED] Some guidance needed: triaging Windows Updates ?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by drunkturtle, Jun 11, 2021.

1. drunkturtle

drunkturtle MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2016
    #1 drunkturtle, Jun 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  2. drunkturtle

drunkturtle MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2016
    Well, prior to installing Sledgehammer I had read most of that whole thread. What I saw mostly there were issues around the workings of the tool, not about the philosophy of Windows Updates themselves ... but anyway thx for the tip. I'll do a re-skimming of that thread and check if my doubts would generally 'fit' there.

Cheers

3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    You know, Mr. You started writing comments on Windows 10 on April 23, 2018, and now you're saying it's new to you !? Now, however, Windows 10 has been in public use for almost 6 years, it's a new.
    I have personally used it all along this time, have never had any problems, nor have I ever needed any kind of Sledgehammer.
    There is also built in an update delay in Windows, use it if you want. For a long time now, Microsoft has not automatically installed any updates on your computer, always notifies you of updates and lets you choose when to install them, when to restart them, and so on.
    Dear DrunkTurtle, come to earth.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. drunkturtle

drunkturtle MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2016
  5. drunkturtle

drunkturtle MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2016
    I now consider my questions clarified (mostly ... :D). I have edited the #OP with the relevant info.

Many thx to @abbodi1406 and @Whistler4 for the quoted insights. Also to @mdl052020 for prodding me into re-reading the Sledgehammer thread.

Last but not least, thx to @kaljukass for the valuable 'come to earth' advice. I'll probably do just that one of these days. :D

Cheers