[SOLVED] USB eLicenser issue

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Michaela Joy, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    #1 Michaela Joy, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    only thing I can think of is trying to disable "Rapid start" in the bios, if it can be. I just gave a quick look-see of the motherboard, no other experience with this board.

3. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I wonder if this issue is related to the Ai Charger functionality.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Thanks guyz for giving it some thought. :hug:

@EFA11: Intel Rapid Start Technology has been disabled. I think I turned that off when I first got Cubase and it did this.

@R29K: It could be... A kind soul named Senj pointed out that USB 3 drivers are still a little bit imature as far as code goes. It could also be a timing issue or simply the way that Steinberg set up the Dongle.

As a drastic measure, I'm going to get a Normally Closed Pushbutton and wire it in series with the Vcc line on the dongle. I'll put the switch on the outside of the rack and press it after the system powers up. This should break the Vcc and make the PC think I cycled the dongle.

Software first, then hardware mods. :)

:Miki.