[Solved] Want to Install W11 but I am absolutely overwhelmed by the sheer amount of info

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by kwanbis, Feb 24, 2022.

1. kwanbis

kwanbis MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    #1 kwanbis, Feb 24, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
    I consider myself a fairly advanced user who has no problem in general on it's own, and much less with the help of the internet, but I want to install W11 on my P51 ThinkPad (unsupported CPU) and the sheer amount of info is overwhelming.

I don't have a problem to download an ISO, an ESD, or what not, but I don't know what method do I need to follow. Do I download the Win11 ISO from MS? do I download an ESD? or even an SFV?

How do I bypass the CPU compatibility? Do I use MediaCreationTool.bat ? Win_11_Boot_And_Upgrade_FiX_KiT_v2.2?

What version should I install Pro? Pro VL? Enterprise?

Maybe I am getting older or dumb or both, but I haven't figured it out how to install W11.

I am currently running W10 IoT latest version, and I want to start from scratch, can anybody give me any pointers? Thanks.

2. Jessie Pinkman

Jessie Pinkman MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2016
    downloading it from microsoft or the other 2 ways wont make any difference unless ya want to select just 1 edition as for the bypass thats answered by yourself with what ya need as for the version then just use enterprise

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    That one works, yes.
    Personal preference, Pro will be sufficient for you but advised are Education or Enterprise.

4. ohenry

ohenry MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    My advice, for what it's worth:

Go with 22000.527 from UUPDUMP. And I would choose the Enterprise version. SAM-R provided the link, above.

For bypassing the requirements, there are many ways to get there, but for me the simplest seems to be just using Rufus to write the ISO image to a flash drive. Google for "rufus skip tpm"

For activation, search on github for massgravel or winactivate

I've been doing this sort of thing for a lot of years now, and things are really quite easy these days.

5. kwanbis

Jul 29, 2009
    #6 kwanbis, Feb 24, 2022
    (OP)
    Thanks, what confuses me about UUDUMP is that it talks about "update", and I don't want no update. I want to do a clean install of Windows, it says: "You can get UUP files by performing upgrade from Windows 11/10 build to a later build (starting 15063, aka version 1703)". The other question is, is the resulting ISO file able to ignore the CPU check?

EDIT: I just tried it. I run first the uup_download_windows.cmd and it downloaded lots of files. Now it looks like it is stuck. It also created convert-UUP.cmd, create_virtual_editions.cmd, multi_arch_iso.cmd, and Remove_Failure_MountDir.cmd, but I am not sure if I need to run them. I will wait to see if it finishes the first .CMD run.

6. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    The ISO from UUPDump does not ignore checks, it must still be patched.

7. kwanbis

Jul 29, 2009
    on the ReadMe.html

I am trying that:
    1) Unpacked everything to a folder.
    2) Ran the uup_download_windows.cmd and it downloaded lots of files.

Now apparently it is creating the ISO.

But It also created convert-UUP.cmd, create_virtual_editions.cmd, multi_arch_iso.cmd, and Remove_Failure_MountDir.cmd, but I am not sure if I need to run them or just wait for it to finish.

8. kwanbis

Jul 29, 2009
    Thanks. So I run Win_11_Boot_And_Upgrade_FiX_KiT_v2.2 on it?

9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #11 Enthousiast, Feb 24, 2022
    Yep, still works.

ps, uup dump readme?
    NVM, UUP>ISO readme,

It's to explain what files you are converting and from what build and up they are (were) available, that's all:)

10. kwanbis

Jul 29, 2009
    Thanks everyone! I was able to have it running!