[Solved] Which version of Windows 10 should I use to have a clean installation?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by trungpt, Jan 12, 2016.

1. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    #1 trungpt, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    Recently, I bought a Lenovo Yogo Tablet with Windows 8.1 with Bing (Japanese Version). It also includes Microsoft Office Home & Business 2013.

- I see that Windows has been automatically activated.
    - For MS Office, I entered the activation key included with the machine. The Office has been also activated.

I upgraded the machine to Windows 10. I see that the Windows 10 edition is Home and it is also activated.

Although I changed the interface language to English, during the shutting down, starting up, and windows updating (any activities outside the desktop environments), some Japanese words still appear.

Therefore, I plan to have a clean installation of Windows 10 and Office 2013 (all English).

I'd like to know how to do that without lossing the activation states of Windows 10 and Office 2013. Which editions of Windows 10 and Office 2013 should I use (I asked this because Windows 8.1 with Bing is special, I don't have any experiences with it) ?

Please give me some suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    If I were you, I would do a clean install with Windows 7 Pro/Ent/Ultimate (if you've any Product key, and activate), use DAZ loader to activate, and update to Windows 10 Pro with the latest ISO from MS. Install Office 2013 again and use the give P-Key for activate, or download a Office 2013 VL and activate that with MKT 2.6!

A lot info of the How Too ..... are on this forum.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    stay on 8.1, you dont need 10.

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    The OP has Language problems because the original were Japanese!! He need to install plain English!

5. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    #5 trungpt, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    (OP)
    Thank you for your reply.

Anyway, I have activated Windows 10 Home now. So I just need to have a clean installation of Windows 10 Home (English) and it will be automatically activated, right bro?

I also need to find all the drivers OR find a way to back them up before the clean installation.

For Office, I think your suggestion is nice. I found out that Office 2007 can still be used in Windows 10 :D :D :D

Yes, I don't know why Windows 10 doesn't allow us to change the language completely. Japanese still sometime appears.

6. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    I found a solution to completely remove Japanese without to do a clean installation the Windows' ISO.

I used the "Recovery, Reset this PC". During the resetting up, I chose English as the main language. And Wow, all Japanese words are gone.

7. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    #7 lobo11, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  8. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    In fact, I only care about how to keep the activated states of Windows and Office when I do clean installations for them (English versions).

Windows and Office are included in the machine.

9. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
  10. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    I already found a solution in my above posts. Thank you.

11. mdlgaofei

mdlgaofei MDL Member

Dec 2, 2015
    So much trouble,only if he (or she)don't want to use win10 home.

12. deadock

deadock MDL Junior Member

Jan 11, 2016
    #12 deadock, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    If you don't want to lose Office activation, you need to upgrade from 8.1 to 10. Forget clean installs. There's a tool to backup your activation, check the pinned threads. Also check the Lenovo website for steps how to upgrade your Windows 8.1 Bing edition. It should be the same as the Windows 8.1 home, tho. Don't listen people saying to install Windows 7 activate with Daz to get a pro version. If you never needed Pro With 8.1 you won't need it for w10.

13. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    #13 trungpt, Jan 14, 2016
    (OP)
    Windows 10 activation is adhered to the machine. Reinstalling Windows 10 (Home edition) after upgraded from Windows 8.1 with Bing is OK. We don't need to enter serials, it will be automatically activated.

I downloaded the Microsoft Office 2013 Home and Business (Retail) and reentered the Office serial included with the machine. My Office has been activated.

When we reset the machine with Windows 10, MS allows us to change the language completely.

14. deadock

deadock MDL Junior Member

Jan 11, 2016
    I was thinking to back up the activation for Office in the case you feared you wouldn't be able to activate again after a clean install. Windows 8/8.1/10 and Office use the same file to store its activation, so it's hard impossible to backup only one of the two. If you have a serial for Office, just do whatever you want, if it stops activating on the internet just use the phone activation.

15. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    #15 trungpt, Jan 14, 2016
    (OP)
    Yes, I have a serial for Office 2013 Home and Business.

For Windows, I didn't think that it was that simple.

Now, everything is as expected.

Thank you for your discussions.