[Solved] Why gets the "Community Update" automatically re-downloaded depending on the region?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Outbreaker, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Outbreaker

Outbreaker MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2018
    HI,
    I run into a strange Problem. When i integrate a "Community Update" with W10UI an set a region where Windows Cortana is activated by default then it will redownload the "Community Update".
    Example if i installal Windows 10 with the region "Germany" then it will only the Windows Defender Update will be installed but if i now change or install Windows 10 with the region "United Kingdom" then Windows 10 redownloads the "Community Update". :eek:

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    It re-downloads/installs a part of the Cumulative Update, to update the things for the new language.

3. Outbreaker

Outbreaker MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2018
    Is there a trick to integrate this part too for every region?

4. BAU

BAU MDL Senior Member

Feb 10, 2009
    There is a reason why Microsoft keeps it separated - and that's because regional stuff is big and it's often ninja-edited to fix translation errors!
    Why would you bloat the iso with all that, only to find out you are still gonna download a newer version in a matter of days?!

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Always first integrate the lp's and ondemands and next integrate the updates. But as BAU said, integrating Languages will unnecessarily increase the size of the installation significantly (iso a bit).

6. Outbreaker

Outbreaker MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2018
    Well i did only change the region not the language of Windows 10. I find it little bit confusing why it is downloading the full "Cumulative Update" again when you only change the region and not the language of Windows 10.
    I didn't see any such behavior on Windows XP. o_O

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    XP is ancient, developments moved on, it doesn't download the whole CU but only the parts that are needed.

8. Outbreaker

Outbreaker MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2018
    Okay i get it now, i was under the impression i did something wrong. :)