[Solved] Win11 Professional vs. Enterprise...

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by geneticplasma, Oct 24, 2022.

1. geneticplasma

geneticplasma MDL Senior Member

May 13, 2011
    Hello,

...is there any advantage/disadvantage for private useage?

I have the possibility to get both and have to deceide now. Normaly I would say, taking the better one (Enterprise), is the better choice :)

Do you agree with that?

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    The short answer is no. But you should take this one, with what your heart is satisfied with....., or what is satisfied your wife. Of course, if You have wife.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    You can run any of them and switch between them to see what is different.

Enterprise would be my choice, it gives you most control out of the box.

4. geneticplasma

May 13, 2011
    ...I don't have a wife ;)

I don't want to switch. I will decide for one and use only this one.

If I check google it tell me, that Enterprise has this add. features:

• App-Locker
    • ReFS-Filesystem
    • Persistent Memory
    • SMB Direct
    • Group policy options

At the moment I don't plan to use any of them.

The most importent thing to me would be that the performance. At the moment I have some doubts that Enterprise will be a bit more sluggish because of the more security features?

5. sizen

sizen MDL Junior Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Even if that were the case, I would choose Enterprise for its security robustness.

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    There is none to nothing difference in performance between any of them, but you already seem to have your preference, install it and when you need enterprise it's just one command line away.

7. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    I prefer Enterprise for its Telemetry level 0, which Pro doesn't support.

8. PolidelticusFire

PolidelticusFire MDL Addicted

May 7, 2020
    Enterprise packs every possible feature... Pro and its variants are cut-down versions of Enterprise. They all derive from Ent.
    To sum it up... Enterprise is the most complete edition. Even more complete than Education.

On top of that you get 36 months of support from MSFT.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. ch100

ch100 MDL Addicted

Sep 11, 2016
    Internally all business versions seem to be Professional while enabling more or less features according to the license.

10. PolidelticusFire

PolidelticusFire MDL Addicted

May 7, 2020
    Hmm. Makes more sense.

11. scaramonga

scaramonga MDL Senior Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Neither. It's Windows 11.

12. geneticplasma

May 13, 2011
    I think I will go with the Enterprise version.

13. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    I use Windows 11 Education and will not touch anything else after having used it. The main advantage is some of the Group Policy editor rules do nothing on Pro such as disabling Telemetry (not as a tweak, but as a setting) and it has many other things disabled by default such as the installation of apps from the MS Store without your consent, Cortana, and many more.

14. geneticplasma

May 13, 2011
    Could you explain more of the "many other things", Enterprise/Education provide?

15. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
  16. vladnil

vladnil MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2019
    People were shown that the Windows 11 Enterprise OS Build /23003 version remained the same idiotic with a lot of s**t similar to Teams
    All these meaningless functions will not be used by anyone! :mad:

17. maddogster

maddogster MDL Senior Member

Mar 23, 2015
    i guess like google and facebook/amazon and apple they want the whole ecosystem to remain with each :) over time will know who uses what and rest gets deprecated/removed/discontinued like has been done since caveman days :)

18. gibberishman3

gibberishman3 MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2018
    I need a clean install for a new PC and would like to, as I did with Windows 10, disable all the telemetry, ads, OneDrive, etc. Is there a preferred way to obtain the 22H2 ISO and configure the installer? I tried the MediaCreationTool.bat, but it does not support 22H2 at this point.

Also, do I need a product key? Or will it install and then allow activation later?

Thanks for any help.