[Solved] Windows 10 oem dual language

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by mazzhatter, Jan 9, 2017.

1. mazzhatter

mazzhatter MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2016
    Looking for help, Not to sure where to start , LOL though i think here might be a good one . I need to create a Windows 10 install that when i run my answer file the end user will get a option to have the computer in french or English. Language packs are not the way to go since they dont seem to be full french or English depending on which version i installed along with this i need office 2010 to translate to the language chosen again language pack dont do a full migration some components stil remain in the wrong language . My thinking is i need a pre boot menu for french or eenglish that will restore the system from 2 diffrent recovery images one in each language ... not to sure.:confused:

2. mazzhatter

mazzhatter MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2016
    #2 mazzhatter, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    (OP)
    Help!!!!!!!

What i need to do is make a install that when i run my answer file the first boot will give me the option of french or English for my os( language packs are not the answer they are not fully the desired language). Plus i need to have office 2010 do the same when a language is shown it will come up in the correct language . Any advice or points in the right direction would be greatly apprecated Thanks :cool:

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    An answer file is actually meant to decide automatically what you want to be done during install.

Why don't you just export the needed indexes (fr and english) into one, during initial setup you can select you interface language and at edition selection windows you choose either the fr or the en edition (give the indexes correct names so you know what is what.

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Sorry i don't want to irritate you, Tito, but LP's he didn't want to use because they don't translate the whole windows, only on 7 it does.

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Besides the inbox UWP apps, everything is translated AFAIK. There is also another method proposed by a member (can't recall it ATM) to overcome that limitation too.

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    What he could try is to integrate the en-us or en-gb LP's in the French iso, then the french edition will be totally french and the en-us or en-gb should be totally en-us or en-gb.

I've discussed this many times with abbodi1406 :)

8. lievre

lievre MDL Senior Member

Sep 18, 2012
    And like usual (or often), a newbie ask a question and then disappear!

Lievre

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. mazzhatter

mazzhatter MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2016
    lol not disappear just brutally busy at work but back at it now

10. mazzhatter

mazzhatter MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2016
    thanks for the input been swamped but calmed down now so back to my project

11. mazzhatter

mazzhatter MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2016
    Thanks for the info starting from french and adding English seemed to do the trick