[Solved] Windows 10 Pro on Vmware

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by dobbelina, Aug 2, 2016.

1. dobbelina

dobbelina MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    #1 dobbelina, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    Hi!

I'm gonna need to do some experimenting with Win 10 Pro, so I thought i'd install it in Vmware.
    Do I have a "grace period" of a few days ,(So I can snapshot it and reset), or do I have to activate it
    to function properly?

I guess the Win 7 Ultimate + Daz loader => Win 10 Pro upgrade solution isn't avaliable anymore,
    but some people still say it works?

On a sidenote, when gatherosstate reads the "hardware" of a machine, to produce it's fingerprint, and
    Vmware being "all virtual", shouldn't there be a "validated" Program version of Vmware that installs a machine
    that is registered on MS servers with the Digital Entitlement?
    (I mean one that installs a Vm that has the right fingerprint/Hash to activate automatically)

Or perhaps some VMDK disk & accompanying setup file that does the same, (Like a whole computer)....

Ps. don't suggest kms solution, I wanna deal with Pro, not the Enterprise stuff

Cheers :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    1. The upgrade thing still works - read the first post carefully.

2. Yes, it is possible (just like the old KMS VM days), but never encouraged.

3. Umm... Pro can be KMS activated too.

4. The idea of grace period is significantly changed from 7; you can't even access all of the features without being activated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dobbelina

dobbelina MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Sweet! Thank you,

Worked beatifully with the "upgrade thing".

I guess they have a grace period for it as it still works. :clap: