[Solved] Windows 10 Reinstall and already installed updates

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by endlesslyonline, May 17, 2016.

1. endlesslyonline

endlesslyonline MDL Junior Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Good Day, MDL,

I have not been on these forums for some time, so excuse me if this has been answered.

I have a Machine running Win 10, which was upgraded from a working copy of Win 8, that was upgraded to 8.1, so as you can see, its quite an old install.

I now want to clean install Win 10, but my question is, there has been so many updates! and i dont want to re downloaded all of them. Is there any way to back up all these updates and just install them on one quick batch when i have done installing Win 10?

Thanks

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Just make sure you download the latest Feb 2016 update of TH2 (10586) ISO

4. kronflux

kronflux MDL Member

May 11, 2011
    lol. I remember when Microsoft was getting ready to release Windows 10, one of their selling points was that you could do a system reset and not lose your updates. That it would use the Windows install itself to recover, and therefore it would use the latest files. :p

I think there was a bunch of stuff that never made it to Windows 10 that they were promising. Android app support was one as well.