[SOLVED] Windows 10Home genuine from HDD to SSD

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by kantry123, Oct 26, 2018.

1. kantry123

kantry123 MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2013
    Hi I’ve bought an SSD recently and swapping it with Lenovo Laptop Ideapad 510 which had Toshiba HDD and an OEM reserved Windows 10 Partition(Windows 10 is activated with a digital license).

Now I bought this laptop for Genuine windows but if i Swap that with SSD I’ll be loosing Windows and Activation too!

So anyways i can save that Activation or Extract the Key so that i can use it with the SSD.

Also will if I switch to SSD will i lose Activation as the hardware got changed ryt?

Thanks and Regards

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  3. ForrestGump

ForrestGump MDL Member

Oct 19, 2018
    You don't have to worry, if i go by the information you mention about your machine, you have MSDM table in your bios so that means as long as you install the same win10 edition on your SSD, you will get your win10 activated automatically with digital license.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Your key is embedded in the UEFI/BIOS. Digital license isn't bound to that key anymore but to the hardware ID. HDD/SSD won't change that ID that much that it deactivates. If that notebook has 2 HDD slots remove the old system before booting the new. Windows can be picky when running the same license twice.

to get the key, open Powershell as admin and copy/paste:
    Code:
    (Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from SoftwareLicensingService').OA3xOriginalProductKey

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kantry123

kantry123 MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2013
    Thank you guys

I’ve created a UEFI USB installation and it worked like a charm.!
    Also windows edition got selected automatically and got activated itself too.

Once again many thanks you guys are awesome.