[Solved] Windows 8.1 SLIC 3.0 and Windows 7 SLIC 2.1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by RADITZDJ, Oct 22, 2015.

1. RADITZDJ

RADITZDJ MDL Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Hello.

I have ASUS X200M notebook that came with Win 8.1 SL OEM x64
    Already activated online
    I Checked the OEM : DM key is there on the MSDM ACPI

I want to downgrade to win 7 pro/ult, add SLIC 2.1 to BIOS, and upgrade to win 10 pro
    Since Win 8.1 SL only get upgrade to Win 10 Home

But I don't want to lose my Win 8.1 SL DM key and certificate on the BIOS
    So I can use anytime my genuine Win 8.1 SL OEM

My questions :

1. Can we add SLIC 2.1 to the BIOS without losing my Win 8.1 SL DM key and certificate on my BIOS?

2. I already found this :

http://forums.mydigitallife.net/thr...s-mod-requests?p=997313&viewfull=1#post997313

and then this

http://forums.mydigitallife.net/thr...uests/page1869?p=950332&viewfull=1#post950332

Please explain me what is "Universal" means?

3. For example, if I download the newest BIOS from ASUS and flashed it, will I lose my Win 8.1 SL DM key + certificate?

I'm so confused about Win 8.1 SLIC :(
    A little help please

Thank you.
    Raditz.

2. chinobino

chinobino MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    What I would suggest is to avoid BIOS modding altogether and just install Windows 7 Ultimate in Legacy mode with a MBR (i.e. not UEFI mode with GPT) and then use Daz's Loader to activate it.

Then do your Windows 10 Pro Upgrade and it will activate online and store a Hardware ID on Microsoft's servers.

Then you can clean install Windows 10 Pro in UEFI mode (if you want to use fast-boot) and it will activate automatically when you are online.

I have done this myself and can verify that it works.

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @RADITZDJ

Due to the design of Asus firmwares, once you enabled SLIC 2.1 you lose the abilities to toggle CSM & Fastboot. The MSDM table will remain though. It would be better to follow chinobino's advice.

:hug2:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RADITZDJ

RADITZDJ MDL Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Thank you chinobino; Tito :worthy:

So then I'll take chinobino's advice
    I already used Daz Loader to activate my PCBu
    Then upgrade to win 10 pro
    But not yet try to fresh install on the machine with Daz

Case closed
    Thank you:clap:

5. wuhoatu

wuhoatu MDL Member

Apr 24, 2009
    #5 wuhoatu, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
    Funy. Why you have to downgrade it to 7 instead of upgrade from 8.1 directly to 10? Just because of Pro or Home edition? I think that many functions of Pro edition are not necessary for most people.

6. yasanagy

yasanagy MDL Novice

Sep 29, 2008
    Most of the bios that came with the windows 8.1 slp key, already have the slic 2.1 in the bios, check whit slic tookit , if the slic is there, you just need to use the multioem activator with windows 7 pro.

Regards