[SOLVED] Windows Failed To Start

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by punkrawkgeek, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. punkrawkgeek

punkrawkgeek Guest

after my girlfriend decided to install SP1 on her laptop... it started coming up... saying that it wasn't Gen. i tried to install the Win 7Loader 2.0.0... but after restarting... got this msg:

I am not a complete newb to these kinds of things... but i've looked all over google and on this forum... but have yet to find anything that lets me boot back up again.

any help would be handy. thank you!

prg.

2. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    What happened when you followed the three steps?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. punkrawkgeek

punkrawkgeek Guest

tried doing all these steps... nothing worked. looks like my Win7 partition is still there tho.

4. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Next thing I'd do is backup my data and try to get back to a working system via a system restore point, image restore or maybe uninstallig the loader and SP1.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. punkrawkgeek

punkrawkgeek Guest

is there a way to uninstall the loader... when you can't get in to Windows...?
    it looks like it has made a Win7loader partition on my harddrive... which is like 100megs. but for some odd reason, it's not making it there to boot up.
    i dont even know how i would back data up... i guess using a MiniXP boot disc or something....?

6. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    I've been using the Daz loader for some time but never had a problem. All my installations using it have been on desktops so my experience using it on a laptop is zero. I've done a couple of dozen installations and never gotten the 100MB partition and the loader has always worked flawlessly. I'm just not going to be able to help you.

Hopefully someone will chime in with advice. Folks here are really good at being helpful. This particular problem is just not my forte`.

7. punkrawkgeek

punkrawkgeek Guest

no worries. thank you! i have used this numerous times on my laptop and on my desktop... and like you, flawlessly... just this one has been a pain. didn't like my version of SP1... i guess. ;)

8. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Yeah, I was just "priming the pump" so to speak. Hope you get it fixed.

9. punkrawkgeek

punkrawkgeek Guest

thank you! gave it a whirl... and it was all good! recovered!