Some clarification on ThinPc & Embedded 7 Activation.

Discussion in 'Windows Embedded' started by mattia9305, Jun 1, 2012.

1. mattia9305

mattia9305 MDL Novice

May 30, 2012
    Hi all, I apologize in advance if I was a little unable to obtain the information I need without having to ask and disturb you.
    I would like to know some things about the ways of activating of ThinPc & Embedded 7.
    In ThinPc, after installing (setup does not ask any serial), hypothetically we could activate the system with the MicrosoftToolkit by click on the Ez-activator. Only this?
    In Embedded, i have maybe wrongly understood that if during the setup i insert the trial serial that microsoft provides, also with the activator (and in pc properties the system results activated), i have not resolved the problem?
    Sorry if my english is not correct (i'm italian).

2. mattia9305

mattia9305 MDL Novice

May 30, 2012
    i'm trying WES7 in VM in two different ways.
    In one VM, i have installed during the initial setup with a key provided in that post
    XGY72... and it working fine, in system properties appears Activated.
    In another VM, i have installed with the trial key, appared Evaluation Copy on boot, i tried the same activator installing one key, it appears to be activated but the evaluation logo remains..
    On both, slmgr -xpr shows: activated permanently..
    what do not i understand?

3. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    As stated in the same post by 100:

WES7 keys do not require online activation. Installing the OS with a valid key will install the full version, without having to activate it with MS. Note that you cannot activate an already installed evaluation image using a valid key. The key has to be entered in OOBE during setup or provided in an answer file when deploying an image (using Image Configuration Editor, for example).
    (Even though it will appear to work, the OS will reboot every 20 minutes if you do change the installed key).

Please read & try to learn

sebus

4. mattia9305

mattia9305 MDL Novice

May 30, 2012
    So, even if during the setup i install the trial key and then i change it with a valid one, even it appears to be activated and licensed, after the 180 days since installation, the os will rebot anyway?
    Sorry :(

5. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    YES, that is exactly what it means

6. mattia9305

mattia9305 MDL Novice

May 30, 2012
    Thanks again and again apologize.