Some help needed installing SP1 on Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit, please.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Stump Jumper, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Stump Jumper

Stump Jumper MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2014
    Hello Everyone!

I'm new here, so I hope I am posting this in the right section. I have read heaps of threads here to see if my question has been asked before but I haven't been able to see if it has.
    Warning: I am an older guy who is not very software or computer terminology savvy.

I built a PC with Win 7 ultimate 64 bit (without SP1) and I used Daz's WinLoader v 2.2 to install it on my computer. I followed all the of Daz's directions until I got to the part where I had to do an on-line activation / registration. I wasn't sure what to do at that point because I was a bit concerned that "Bill" might be doing on-line tracking to see who it was who was trying to activate. So because I was a bit paranoid about my on-line privacy and security, I never activated it on-line or registered it. I was also frightened that if I tried to activate on-line that it might black-list my computer and then I would be without a computer.

Despite not activating it on-line, everything has been working flawlessly for me to do simple tasks. However, I ran into problems with some applications / programs / hardware that won't work without SP1, and I need to use these applications and hardware. So I was hoping someone could tell me how I go about obtaining and downloading SP1 onto my current system when my copy of Win 7 has never been activated on-line. Have I screwed the process up by not activating it on-line when I first installed it? Also, is there a SP2 available?

Additional information: I never use IE - for security reasons.
    My motherboard is: (if it helps) is a Gigabyte GA P67A UD5 B3

I appreciate and thank you for any help you can offer.

Cheers!

2. cocachris89

cocachris89 MDL Senior Member

Mar 1, 2013
    You can download Windows 7 SP1 on a different machine, transfer it to another machine and then install it. The file you need is windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe. This can be easily found by searching.

As far as SP2 goes, MS doesnt plan to release one because they are pushing Windows 8/8.1

3. BJ0RN

BJ0RN MDL HTTP-uploader

Dec 6, 2013
    #3 BJ0RN, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    I was thinking, what if u backup all your files (dokuments, pictures and so on), whipe the HDD and reinstall windows 7 ultimate with SP1...
    Just a thought. :)
    Im currently uploading Windows 7 Ultimate x86 (SP1) (from Microsoft)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. BJ0RN

BJ0RN MDL HTTP-uploader

Dec 6, 2013
    If u need other than english language, plz tell and ill speed-upload one just for u. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Stump Jumper

Stump Jumper MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2014
    @ Bjorn ~ I wanted to thank you for helping me the other day and offering to do a copy of Win7 ultimate 64 in other languages. I downloaded the English version because English is my first language, but thank you just the same for offering. I lost my password and got locked out when I tried to sign in to thank you yesterday , and then I just gave up in the end. Then I found my password just a minute ago. I decided that I will get a new HDD and load the new Win 7 Refresh onto that and also put some of my current important files on it and then put it in my new computer when I get it. Thanks again for your help -- it is very much appreciated.
    @ cocachris89 and steven4554 ~ A very big thank you to you both as well for helping me with your advice. I sincerely appreciate you help.

I can't send you each a private message of thanks because I don't have the prerequisite 5 posts needed to send private messages, so I am posting my thanks to you all here and I hope my thanks reaches you.

Kind regards --- S J

6. BJ0RN

BJ0RN MDL HTTP-uploader

Dec 6, 2013
    Im uploading them anyway for my project (see my signature), so thats not a problem. Plz tell us how it ends, if u make it or not. :)

7. Stump Jumper

Stump Jumper MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2014
    Hi Bjorn! I will drop back in here and let you know how my new build and Win 7 installation goes. It may take me a couple weeks to complete my PC build because I am still investigating motherboards and CPUs. I built my last computer but when it comes to software, I am completely lost at understanding it. LOL. After I install Win 7 Refresh Ultimate 64, do I still have to do an on-line registration / activation with MS? I am not sure if I do or I don't activate it on-line.
    Anyway, thanks again, Bjorn for your kind assistance.

8. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Addicted

Jul 12, 2009