Some of the "little things" you noticed.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zwaldowski, Jan 5, 2009.

1. zwaldowski

zwaldowski MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2009
    What are some of the cool little features you noticed when using Windows 7 7000 and up?

Here are some of mine:
    - In the Superbar, taskbar buttons has a nice Aero effect that follows your cursor as you move across the button. It also uses this effect for alerts and such. But notice this: the color for the effect is (somewhat randomly) picked from the applications icon. For example, Firefox's is orange, iTunes is sky blue, uTorrent is a lime green, Windows Media Center is a forest green, Pidgin's is purple. Neat!
    - In the Superbar (again), everything is draggable! Tray icons and taskbar buttons can be reorganized by clicking and dragging to the left and right. Icons and buttons dodge out of the way (reminiscent of Safari and other tabs in OS X, if you use it). Taskbar buttons that are grouped (e.g., Firefox and a DownThemAll! window or two uTorrent windows) stick together while being dragged and appear as one wide button.

2. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    I don't think this is random, i think it takes the colour from the programs icon or .exe.
    But is a nice effect ;)

3. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    I like the new Taskbar and Windows Explorer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...