Some predictions and speculations on Windows 8 features....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wasserkool, Aug 30, 2009.

1. wasserkool

wasserkool MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    Hey guys, I have decided to start a website dedicated towards Windows 8. The main content of the site will focus on Windows 8 news, developments and rumors. In addition, it will also feature information on Windows 7 especially being so close to launch. I have already written 5 articles on that site and here are some of the excerpts:

Why the Multi Touch feature will fail in Windows 7 and Windows 8 Part II.

"Tablet PC may never die off completely but most likely disappear into obscurity and the Windows 7 multi touch feature will be just another gimmick feature that is seldom used. For Windows 8, Microsoft should really explore other forms of input. Maybe it is finally time to implement a robust voice based input? Or even crazier idea – Neural based input?"

Features in Windows 8 Predictions Series – The Desktop “Dimensionalized”?

"Microsoft should also watch closely what some very innovative third party developers are doing to further innovate on the desktop user experience. One very striking example is the program called BumpTop by Canada’s Bump Technologies Inc. This program literally transforms your Windows desktop into a virtual 3D workspace just like your table."

Of course, maybe you guys can give me good topics to write about since this is such a fabulous community with many many talented people. I hope you can support my site by visiting it often and commenting on my articles! It is not a spam site and I really put in lots of thought and effort towards my articles.

Please visit my website here: http://windows8newscentral.com/

Mods: If you feel this post is inappropriate, please move it to right place.

2. Hackeur

Hackeur MDL Senior Member

Jun 14, 2009
    the smart hand gestures PC control and the Air Keyboard are coming. (Australian project)

Welcome to the future :)

3. usb2007

usb2007 MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    microsoft already mentioned that their much anticipated xbox 360 NATAL project will eventually come to PC

4. Omegaprophecy

Omegaprophecy MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    the important question is if microsoft finally ends the NT kernel development.

they should engineer a new grounding system for a fast and nevertheless downwardl compatible operating system

5. Brandrune

Brandrune MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    I would also like to see NTFS disappear. I would also like to get rid of Windows Explorer and introduce more cloud computing technology into Windows.

6. Hackeur

Hackeur MDL Senior Member

Jun 14, 2009
    any new OS should be designed from the ground up without any vestiges from prehistoric coding and assumptions that the majority of computer users are idiots.
    as M$ ever heard of intuitive intelligence?
    and they should definitely send all the "I'm an idiot" reference books to the recycle bin :)

7. wasserkool

wasserkool MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    thanks all for visiting my site and supporting me. Great discussions here and I am going to write about them!

8. weinter

weinter MDL Senior Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Sorry but what is a "fast" grounding system?
    Linux? Darwin? or BSD?
    The point is Microsoft is ALREADY trying to separate Kernel from userland.
    Heard of the MinWin (Windows stripped down to core essential)?
    It is already happening and they have to do this without breaking compatibility so they will not engineer a completely new system otherwise compatibility will have to be provided by emulation which sucks.

9. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    By making a completely new kernel you would cause more problems than good. Look at all the issues migrating from NT 4 to NT 5 (2000), then all issues migrating from Windows 5.x to Windows 6.x.

10. Omegaprophecy

Omegaprophecy MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    hm ok, then there would be more problems, i understrand...

so it was just a 'vision' of me about a super mega kernel :-D