Some visibility adjustments seem to have disappeared

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Katzenfreund, May 14, 2017.

1. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    It seems strange, and though not very important, I’d like to know what is happening.

Under
    Settings > System > Display, the slider is still there.
    But there used to also be “Advanced sizing of text and other items”
    which I no longer seem to find, probably after a recent update.

Incidentally, Control Panel was directly accessible (also) by right clicking Start. And though there are still numerous other ways of getting to it, I wonder why this one is gone.

Can anybody shed any light?

2. Hackeur

Hackeur MDL Senior Member

Jun 14, 2009
    simple solution :
    export the following registry key from 1607 version and import it to 1703 version:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics]

tested and working on many installs - make sure you have customized all the sizes/text first.

3. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Thanks guys.

As regards Control Panel, I’ve simply created a start tile, which gives fast access, so problem solved without any mods to the system, which I prefer to avoid. But the advanced visibility adjustments seem lost for good.

Now, it doesn’t make sense to me why MS replaced Control Panel by Settings in the start menu, since there’s already a Settings icon there. There seems no point in having Settings twice and no Control Panel.

In fact, I’ve still not managed to figure out the logic of having the adjustments in two places: Settings and Control Panel.

I’m not one of those who constantly knock MS, but sometimes I do fail to understand how their mind works.

4. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    They're turning windows os into apple ios, removing options a little at a time. Death by a thousand paper cuts.