someone help.. vista has been compromised???

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by armada, Jun 26, 2008.

1. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    i used a legit key from a store bought vista premium. i had to do the phone in activation not sure why but i did it. now it says at boot up windows has been compromised. and reboots. i can not do anything it will not go to windows or ask me to enter a new key??

doe sanyone know what happened or how to fix this. this was a fresh install of vista with a retail premium key??? someone please help??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jroc

jroc MDL Member

Aug 28, 2007
    your saying that you 'just' did a fresh install...and called MS to activate it..and the next boot you got 'compromise'?...hmmmmm...most of the time you get that 'warning' is when you change alot of hardware or flash the bio's and Windows Security detects 'New Motherboard' or 'Hardware'.....can you tell us just what happened?...if your working with having to activate windows and not a SLP Modded Bios..then your only option is to call MS back..even reinstalling again will require you to call for activation.

3. ricktendo64

ricktendo64 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2008
    I have gotten this, but it was when I modded user32.dll with some new cursors I made :p

Do another fresh install m8