something bad happened to my system

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by fibola, Sep 12, 2011.

1. fibola

fibola MDL Junior Member

Aug 20, 2011
    hi everyone,
    i have a huge problem.
    after my onbaord network input cable went bad after got hit from electrecy failure , i went back to pc store where i stil had a warranty and replaced my p55m-ud2 gigabyte motherboard.

thing is that i had to bring only the MB and i disaדsemble it by myself and than assemble it by myself.
    i than turn on my pc and it startup windows 7 but after 2 minutes everything stuck and nothing is working, not keyboard not mouse nothing . picture is just forzen.

until the pc freezing i had the time to went to device manager and i see that there is nothing in (!) or (?)
    everything is ok.

what could it be?
    is it could be due to processor that wasnt placed right? video card ?
    is there a possibility that i put the processor in the wrong way and pc will work and windows 7 will start up ?

please advise ?

2. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Could be many things, so we need to try narrowing them down...

Hardware issue is most suspicious based on your description. Need to make sure that all cards, RAM and other connectors are properly seated on the motherboard. You could always try unplugging / plugging all these again o_O

And let's not write off this being a software issue i.e. corrupted installation. What's your installation disk from? Have you successfully installed from it before? I wouldn't think it's a driver issue as you say there are no exclamation marks under Device Manager :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. fibola

fibola MDL Junior Member

Aug 20, 2011
    #3 fibola, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
    (OP)
    since i replaced the same motherboard as i had, i didnt install anything from a disk .
    just placed the hardware and booted.
    by the way at safe mode with network access pc wont stuck.

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ fibola, just because you replaced motherboard does not rule out other hardware being damaged when motherboard was fried :(

5. fibola

fibola MDL Junior Member

Aug 20, 2011
    you right but from the time it was fried and the time i actually went and replaced the motherboard its been a hole month or more and everything were just fine except the internet speed.

the thing that bother me most is that at safe mode the pc isnt freezing .

6. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    sounds like software, load msconfig and see what files are in your startup, and deactivate the ones you dont need then reboot normaly- if that works start activacting the ones you deactivated one at a time until you find the corrupit program- hope that helps:biggrin:

7. U-Fig

U-Fig MDL Member

May 14, 2010
    if you are still using your old installation of win 7 could be that one or more old drivers are messing with ur pc, i know that win 7 is very friendly in swapping hardware, but it is still possible, think of it like XP after swapping a mainboard.
    blue screens in 80% of the cases
    try rebooting in safe mode and see if the problem occurs.
    on another note, have you changed any of the powerplans in win7?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. evlad

evlad MDL Member

May 23, 2011
    #8 evlad, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
    hm,
    When you assembly your hardware did you first start bios (look for hot key in manual usually is DEL or F1 or F2) and load factory settings for the motherboard ?
    after POST you must get one BIP from motherboard speaker.
    after that put hirens boot disk and test your hardware. (memory test)
    if it pass try to start windows as last operation.

ps. look for version of your bios. MB is same model but bios can be different.