Something found wow7 loader and disabled it.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sally23, Nov 13, 2009.

1. sally23

sally23 MDL Novice

Sep 11, 2009
    Hi,

Had an x86 Windows 7 Ultimate install on a HP dc7800 using wow7 loader by Hazar.. yesterday (12 Nov 2009) it was detected as non-genuine. There was an update on the same day "Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - Nov 2009 KB890830" which possibly may have triggered it.

Just posting to let you all know after receiving non-genuine message I then tried Hazar's Loader v1.6.1d and re-activated with that, rebooted and all is well again..

Sally

2. Fuji

Fuji MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2009
    I've read several people say that the "Windows Malicious Software Remover Tool" is taking out Hazar's loader.

So you were able to workaround this by "reinstalling" the Hazar loader?

3. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    He had WoW installed, then installed 7loader...

I would recommend choosing a different loader as 7loader is apparently being removed by the malicious software removal tool too...

4. Fuji

Fuji MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2009
    That's exactly what I was trying to find out. I'm using Daz's loader so I'm not too familiar with Hazar's stuff as much as much.

Would reinstalling the exact loader disable the WAT again since the "Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool" says it only runs "once"?

5. sally23

sally23 MDL Novice

Sep 11, 2009
    Yes, but I did not re-install wow7. Instead I installed Loader_1.6.1d which I believe is based off wow7 with a few improvements.

It's possible that re-installing wow7 would have fixed it but I did not try that so I can not confirm.