Sometimes no internet due to ethernet card

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by moonburn, Oct 24, 2009.

1. moonburn

moonburn MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Hi,

Sometimes my Packard Bell laptop (now with Windows 7 Home Premium, formerly with Vista Home Primium) cannot connect to the wireless network. This problem also existed when I still used Vista, and before installing other software.
    Sometimes (although it seems more often nowadays), when starting Windows, I have no internet connection and my driver is missing. Windows reports there's a Ethernet Adapter with no available driver. The only solution is to 1) select a restore point or 2) uninistall this Ethernet card and reboot. After restarting, my internet's back and the ethernet adapter is missing. In stead, the appropriate hardware is back (Atheros AR5B91 Wireless Network Adapter).
    However, this workaround is really bugging me, and help desk nor forums/google seem not to provide an answer. Any guesses? Cheers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. moonburn

moonburn MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Tried that already, but the problem persists. :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. moonburn

moonburn MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009