Sony Insyde bios recovery

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by harun j, Aug 11, 2013.

1. harun j

harun j MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2013
    I bricked my Sony E- Series laptop. I cannot find the bios recovery file on sony website for my model. Only there is a bios update file. which is executable. Can anybody please help me to fix my laptop. The model No is SVE15115EN and the bios was Insyde H2O. Please help me guys..

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  3. harun j

harun j MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2013
    Thanks bro... will try and let you know... it will work for sony right you mentioned toshiba..

4. harun j

harun j MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2013
    i tried the file u gave . but it did not work. don't know if i did something wrong.... here is what i did
    1. i removed the battery
    2. i unplugged the ac adapter
    3. i inserted the usb flash drive to which i had copied the file u posted Z50X64.fd
    4. i pressed the power button for like 10 sec..
    5. i pressed fn+esc also tried win key + b in second attempt and held on to it
    6. plugged in the ac adapter
    7. i pressed the power button still holding the fn+esc key
    8. the system turned on. the usb flash drive led started blinking, i left the keys and also all other led lights where on.
    9. then after 30 secs or so the system turned off by itself.
    10. i inserted the battery removed the usb and turned system on....

still the same......no display.... please help me guys.... LatinMcG

5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #5 LatinMcG, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    please dont send msgs, as i want everyone to see issue and possible resolution steps.
    try
    external monitor
    cmos battery reset
    no power no battery plug in USB hold FN ESC WHILE PLUGGING IN AC POWER CORD THEN POWER BUTTON STILL HOLDING FN ESC.

since it shutdown i believe it tried to flash but it doesnt want this version. maybe older?
    whats the model on bottom right side hinge by lcd ?

6. harun j

harun j MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2013
    the model no on the back is SVE151A11W.....and product name is SVE15115ENW. i downloaded an update to bios from sony which was an executable file named R0240E6.exe.... i extracted the contents and found a file R0240E6.bin which i copied to the flash drive and tried but no use the i changed the extension of the file to R0240E6.fd... still no use same here is the link to the file...

sony.co.in/support/download/536363/product/sve15115en

Please help me LatinMcG