Sony NS11J/S - Bios Problem Help Please

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Subversive, May 24, 2010.

1. Subversive

Subversive MDL Novice

May 24, 2010
    Hello,

I am trying to fix a laptop for a friend, it is a Sony Vaio Laptop, model No NS11J/S.

She was updating the BIOS from Sony's website, half way through the Power Lead accidently came out, she even forgot to have the battery in the laptop.

Now it is sort of dead. When you turn it on, nothing comes on the screen, it is blank, no flickering, nothing.

BUT, when you turn it on, the power lights come on, the hard drive spins up, even the CD-ROM is detected.

I am quite confidant that it has a AMI Aptio Bios. I have searched on-line and a few websites suggest downloading the latest version of the BIOS, renaming it to AMIBOOT.ROM, putting it on a flappy disk, then turning the power on while holding the CTRL + HOME keys and letting them after you have turned it on.

Problem here is that I have no floppy drive, so I found a recovery sequence with CD-ROM, similar to the floppy drive recovery, but you put it on the CD-ROM, even tried it with a USB Flash disk.

I know there is something I am doing wrong, because some people have managed to recover their BIOS.

I went to PCWORLD, they say it can be recovered, but will charge in excess of £200.

So,I am here to ask if anybody has any experience with this type of problem.

Please help

Thanks

Sub.