Sony Vaio "death" after bios flash --- PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Kassiopaia, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Kassiopaia

Kassiopaia MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2009
    I have flash the Sony Vaio with the emergency recovery mode method. After this is the Vaio death, only power led working, no screen... Is any chance to unbrick the system? If I start this flash again with a biosfile was befor working with this methode - no chance, the flash (no usb stick activity) will not starting.

Is any chance, or must replace the bios eprom???

2. Sebashi

Sebashi MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2013
    It depend of the file you have tried to flash , if it's a modded bios file that does not contain the recovery filename, then you will need to desolder the winbond chip and flash it with an external spi programer.
    The recovery file name is embedded in the bios, so first open the file you have just flashed with phoenix tool 2.14 and tell what is the recovery filename.

I have tried to flash the descriptor region with the recovery process, by renaming that 4kb dump in the recovery name:
    Flash of 4kb took 65 sec and then I was screwed ... very bad move from me, thinking that the recovery process will check where to flash only.
    It has just flashed 4kb and erased what was left !!

3. Sebashi

Sebashi MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2013
    Note that there is a cmos battery on those VAIO, I noticed a different boot by removing it when I was in that situation .
    So you can try just after to reflash with the original bios