sony vaio recovery discs

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bobbintb, Sep 6, 2012.

1. bobbintb

bobbintb MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2008
    i have an issue. i have a laptop i sold and need to restore to factory settings. the recovery partition is gone and the back up discs are missing. i know i can just get replacement from sony, for ridiculous amount of money, but i dont have time for that as i need to ship it tomorrow or the next day at latest. is there an archive or repository of such things that i can't find?

2. Simpuhl

Simpuhl MDL Senior Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Honestly, id just install a retail version with the added OEM files. It will detect that its a Sony Vaio and pre-activate and be geniune... then just download any drivers needed.

If you like I can refer you to posts that can help you achieve the above.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bobbintb

bobbintb MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2008
    thanks for the help. no luck finding the discs so i went with the solution posted.

4. Simpuhl

Simpuhl MDL Senior Member

Aug 8, 2012
    It's the best way, really the only thing I think that should be added is lan drivers and wireless drivers because if those work you can dl everything else

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. tornado4u2

tornado4u2 MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    yeah i would do the same, as a matter of fact i repaired a Sony laptop for my brother and using the original disks only overloaded the computer with crapware, i did better by installing a oem copy and download network card drivers which by the way, are the only thing needed. the rest is trash trust me.