Sony Vaio vgn-fw45gj Bios Password Problem??

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by namangi, Aug 19, 2011.

1. namangi

namangi MDL Novice

May 8, 2011
    Hi everyone I have sony vaio vgn-fw45gj it show that it has a bios password but I never put any password in it
    is it because it was with windows vista but I installed windows7 and activated it with a loader it asked me something about slic mod or something so I clicked yes I guess but so after few months I tried to open its bios it shows it has a bios I don't know where did it come from?

so I unscrew my laptop tried to remove battery from the motherboard it didn't work it still has the password and I don't have receipt I lost it somewhere so I can not call Sony I don't know what to do?
    I am trying backdoor passwords but no luck yet.

Are there any other ways so I can access the bios I just wanna enable VT (virtualization technology) so I could use Vmware but i have no access to bios

I downloaded Bios update program but it says I have current version.

I need help

2. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    After 3 failed tries, it should generate a random code. Did you write that down? I don't actually have a solution, but I'm curious for a sample.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. namangi

namangi MDL Novice

May 8, 2011
    #3 namangi, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
    (OP)
    Every time it gives me differest codes
    here is the sample Keys sample.jpg
    Key:KPV6-D6d6-DF7T-VHX8
    Key:K2VJ-3X9R-297F-3HKJ
    Key: DVXF-26D6-HPV3-FHXH
    Key:FJXV-H3K8-KX2K-R3K3

and I have this serial under the bar code on the back of the laptop Serial: 28216677 7002640

4. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    Again, I don't have a solution for you, but I'm very curious if I can figure out what Dogbert has done.

Do you have the BIOS update that you tried to apply?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. namangi

namangi MDL Novice

May 8, 2011
    yeah I I have the Bios update file but it says you have the current version.

6. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    #6 tqhoang, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
    Can you please upload the BIOS file(s) to a file share like sendspace.com and post the link (get creative in case you don't have enough posts to post a full URL)?