Sony VAIO VGN-NR460E

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by patel_h, May 24, 2010.

1. patel_h

patel_h MDL Novice

May 14, 2010
    Hi learned members

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-NR460E with a Phoenix Bios version number R2060J9.I am not able to find the original BIOS file that I can use to mod to SLIC 2.1.

Any guidance/ideas are highly appreciated.

Many thanks

2. patel_h

patel_h MDL Novice

May 14, 2010
    I read elsewhere on this forum that for Phoenix bios even if you are able to extract the bios its not possible to flash it without the platform information that is included only in the official bios updates from the manufacturer.Tough luck in this case i guess

3. LazzyAss

LazzyAss MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2009
    yeah. I read something like that too. That guy in the chinese forum claim it is working. And i managed to download that moded BIOs form that chinese website, but i haven't time to verify Digital Signature of the SLIC Table. If you want that BIO, i can upload that for you.

4. Mdluser45

Mdluser45 MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2009
    Upload Bios Please!

I have a vgn-nr220e. Can you upload your bios so i can try to flash it. Thanks.

5. Mdluser45

Mdluser45 MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2009
    VGN-NR220E Bios

Never mind on my last request. I have successfully flashed mine with slic2.1 (activated). ;)

6. djkomix

djkomix MDL Novice

May 5, 2011
    hello can i get this bios dump as well? i have killed bios by wrong update , so need recovery bios and need dump filr from working sony vaio vgh - nr220
    my email: kaspars.kkrumins at gmail.com tnx for help