Sony VGN FW190e bios downgrade_STUCK!

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by t00tall, Nov 10, 2011.

1. t00tall

t00tall MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2011
    Hya guys,

I've been lurking around this forum for days now, trying to figure out how to downgrade my BIOS, since the new "upgrade" keeps my fan in higher speed, and once totally silent laptop is now annoyingly noisy!

I'm not lazy, I've really tried to do this on my own, but I'm just not smart enough! :/

I've gathered that I need these stuff:

Original bios upgrade utility:
    s02.download.sony. com/US/pc/AIBSYS-00209762-1020.EXE

uniExtract161

Old ROM file:
    mediafire. com/?nzjtghr2jt4

I've also found this thread (forums.mydigitallife. info/threads/14231-Looking-for-R0250Y0-bios-sony-fw11e-laptop),
    that addresses that issue. But I can't find heads or tails of it!

I don't know what type of extraction to use on that to get that EP0000209762.exe + flash.bat file - I've gotten just the .exe, but with bunch of other random files - and I'm now stuck, and it's frustrating!!!

so please, PLEASE help! If could somebody write a short tut for it, or something like that.

Thank you good people of MDL!

sorry for the links, but I cant post the yet!

2. drewbug

drewbug MDL Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Still needed?

Hey, did you ever figure it out? If not, I can write up a small tutorial on how to downgrade, but I don't want to waste my time if you don't need it anymore.

Just let me know :)

3. t00tall

t00tall MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2011
    I've searched the internets high and low, but I didn't find the answer I've been looking for :))

Srysly, it would be super awesome if you could do that ... It would help me majorly, and probably someone else :)