Sos - lost password

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by chrisdeco, Feb 19, 2010.

1. chrisdeco

chrisdeco MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2009
    #1 chrisdeco, Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
    A neighbour of mine is a little annoyed. I say a little because he agrees I reformat his hard disk.
    The challenge is this : he has lost his password after having recovered Windows Vista Family Home Premium using "Help and Support" with a earlier good working session which password was not the same than now (hash modified perhaps!!). He remembers many password entered since but don't recover the one he used in October, date of the recovered session. The account was not Administrator, because Vista deactives it by default. Can you help me. If there is no other solution, I'll then reformat HD and reinstall OS. But there is not many elegance by doing so. It would be great for him and especially for me (proud!!!). I tried Passcape recovery which works fine on my 2008 server but not on his computer. Passcape asks for path containing SAM files and REGISTRY. The password seems well to be lost and me .... too ! Many thanks for some help

Christian the Belgian AmateurRadio

2. Error_801

Error_801 MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    use ophcrack-vista it help me many time's for people who cannot remember there password?

3. chrisdeco

chrisdeco MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2009
    Thanks for info! I have already downloaded and I'll try this when sun rises !! Poor neighbour !!!

4. kuparuk

kuparuk MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2010
    Hirens Boot CD is one thats worked for me many times. There's password removal tools on it.

5. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Ophcrack is by far the best to recover. To reset the password or blank them..any boot cd will work with the password removal. Hirens is this I believe. If it is truly his private computer, then removal is the quickest solution.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...