sound blaster x-fi titanium and AMD motherboard

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by leis, Dec 31, 2013.

1. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Installed Creative Sound Blaster and question about Motherboard (AMD 740G M2+) if you're familiar with this mobo, I am not sure what to do next in order to get sound sounding. I installed drivers from CD that came w/the SC, (btw).

Do I change the onboard sound in BIOS to the newly installed sound card? Is there cable to disco-and re-connect in any way or is it simply done by Bios by ... selecting and disabling or....?

I believe all drivers are there that should be. I had or have Realtek (ATI) and I believe this SB came w/it's own tools or as I enjoyed realtek's manager that can be where you manipulate music, etc....that's primarily why I got sound card, (I'm not Gamer) and this was the model of the SoundBlasters that was recommended for my computer/interests and I have T3000 Creative speakers so I wanted, of course, to stay w/same Creative and hopefully I will be creative by learning about it. + it's refurbished and would like to come out "ahead" and as good as...if you know what I mean, but more so, to just get it going...

Thanks* for any help and anticipated good ideas, recommendations, and all that.

leis

P.s. Windows Ultimate 32 bit is OS (from here)* So, that's 1 GOOD thing, right:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Herman Munster

Herman Munster MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2011
    Try disabling your on board sound in the bios . I use a lot of sound blaster cards and some times they won't work with both sound devices enabled . Herman :biggrin: