Sound Problem in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tripranav, Oct 23, 2009.

1. tripranav

tripranav MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2009
    Hi,

I installed windows 7 ultimate 32 bit 2 days ago, and since then even at max volume the sound is low as compared to what it was in previously in xp.
    When I was using xp the sound was perfect, but now even at max the sound seems a too low.

I also updated my sound drivers, I am using asus p5n-d motherboard and my realtek hd audio driver version is :6.0.1.5859

Any help?

2. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Maybe you've turned on the volume limit for headphones in the config program that comes with the driver. Check at the right side of the volume slider in the config prog if the limit is turned on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tblount

tblount MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2009
    Click your speaker icon / mixer and spearkers and there is a boost and several other options. Make sure that BOTH your system and the source you are playing... such as flash on youtube have the volume turned up also.

4. tripranav

tripranav MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2009
    @ stannieman

I could`nt find the volume limit thing that you said. Can you tell me where I can find it?

@ tblount

I tried playing music/movie/you tube video but still the sound is not as it was on xp.
    Although all the volume levels are at max still the sound is bit low.

And one more thing I have to keep the volume at 400% in vlc player to get a decent sound, but in xp 150% was well enough.

I don`t know what the hell is wrong. Please help guys!

5. tripranav

tripranav MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2009
    Still no solution for the sound prob?
    Please help!

Is there something wrong with the setup i used for win7? should I try to reinstall win 7 from different iso?

6. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Try a different sound driver, if you got it from WU then try it from the company's site. I had this same issue with a Realtek card under Vista a year ago man.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. tripranav

tripranav MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2009
    First I downloaded the sound drivers from asus webpage and then I tried downloading it from the realtek webpage but still there is no change in the sound, still its low as compared to what it was in xp.

I didnt had any low sound problems on xp.