Soundcard Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by itprotj, Nov 6, 2009.

1. itprotj

itprotj MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2009
    Hey guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong section for this post,

I Installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit the other day and it works perfectly, Just one thing. My old Sound blaster PCI64 card was working when i was on vista 32bit but ever since I went to Windows 7 it cannot find any drivers via windows updates. I have researched to try and find drivers for this sound card on the web but little or no download links work and the ones that do just don't work. Any suggestions of what to do, APART from buying a new soundcard.

Thanks.

2. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Try downloading Vista drivers for it. 7 dropped native drivers for some older cards, my sound blaster live for instance is using old drivers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. shakeyplace

shakeyplace MDL Addicted

May 5, 2007
    a little late now, but maybe, if you still have the vista install....
    use a driver backup program to backup the native vista driver for the souncard and install in windows 7 from device manager

4. itprotj

itprotj MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2009
    Hey guys, thanks for the responses

I did a clean install of Win7 Ultimate 64bit over my vista ultimate 32bit so no way of getting my drivers back from vista... Easily anyway.

I have tried searching for vista drivers for my soundcard but just resulting in failure. The manufactor Creative doesn't even list the drivers for my soundcard anymore probably because its too old. In a few months I will have access to a few more computers maybe I could put the soundcard in one of them that has vista and get it to detect the drivers then copy the driver files over to my computer..

Hmm

5. Blindbat

Blindbat MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2009
  6. racky29

racky29 MDL Senior Member

Aug 2, 2007
    download and install lavalys everest ultimate
    this will show you the names your device comes under, and usually has links for the driver download, or you can google the name it gives for the device

7. Siliwangi

Siliwangi MDL Member

Aug 11, 2009
  8. Blindbat

Blindbat MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2009
  9. Siliwangi

Siliwangi MDL Member

Aug 11, 2009
    you are welcome, nice to share....:)

10. itprotj

itprotj MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2009
    Thanks for the responses guys!

Okay KXProject was a dead end after it said I didn't have a compatible card but lavalys everest ultimate showed me all the cards in my computer,
    My soundcard is apparently named: Creative SBPCI 128 (EnSoniq ES1370) Sound Card. So i've been googling "Ensoniq ES1370 driver" For the past hour or two, Haven't found a vista driver for it yet but i'll keep looking a bit more before I give up

11. drably

drably MDL Member

Feb 4, 2008
    soundblaster? give me an effin break!!!
    you cheap bastard.
    go buy a new sound card.
    geeze. they do not cost anymore than some pocket change these days.
    remember, expensive does not mean its better.

12. itprotj

itprotj MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2009
    Hi mr flamer,

If you bothered to read the first post in the topic you will notice i said "Apart from buying a new soundcard"

Oh and I think anyone in the world could afford a new soundcard, I know I can. My trusty old soundblaster has served me well and It would be a pity to give it up just because of not being able to find a driver.

13. shakeyplace

shakeyplace MDL Addicted

May 5, 2007
    #13 shakeyplace, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
    I agree, why go out and buy or build a new pc just cause ms came out with a new os? that would just add to the landfills, verygood of you itprotj, thanks for caring about the environment, I would do the same. It is not about the $20 for a new sound card!