SP1 and TimerLock

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by doonboggle, Mar 20, 2008.

1. doonboggle

doonboggle MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2008
    Thought I'd pass this along; for what it's worth.

Today I downloaded and saved 32 bit version of Vista SP1. When trying to install it, after some time it totally killed my unit .. which I had TimerLock installed on for the past 2 weeks. No matter what I tried, could not get back into a workable situation. Could not go to or even locate the Restore option, my D: drive ... or anything other than MS trying to have me purchase a key.

What I tried next was to totally re-install Vista as before, with TimerLock ... and then install SP1. It worked with no problem, and I am now up and running again ... for how long I don't know for sure. I am trying to glean the various updates from Vista to avoid, like KB940510, 931573 ... and others by clicking on them for details before downloading.

I;m not an expert at this website and it's contents, but just wanted to post my today's experience ... in case others need it.
    doon

2. jasqid

jasqid MDL Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Timer Lock

As long as you are running the timerlock, or Paradox crack, you will never be able to install SP1. It detects these 2 mods and slams them.

3. doonboggle

doonboggle MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2008
    Re-read my post. SP1 is installed ... and was as I presented. So now as long as I watch what future updates might be, it appears to be working; but time will tell I suppose.

Interesting to note also that, so far, have had no other updates or notices coming in like I had a couple of weeks ago after reinstalling Vista ... until such time as the downloads caught up to what Windows wanted I presume.