SP1 in July. Will it have updated WAT?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DeadMan, Jun 9, 2010.

1. DeadMan

DeadMan MDL Junior Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Just wondering :)

2. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    Only Bill Knows.

3. freevista

freevista MDL Member

Jan 14, 2009
    You mean Ballmer.

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I know Ballmer, he has said: "I like those guys using my OS...anyone that is clever enough to bypass my WAT has deserved to use W7 for free!"... WAT will not stop clever people...

LOL

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    My crystal ball says it will! But it also says we shouldnt worry to much...

6. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    It's easy; I don't care at all! We will see. ;)

7. frwil

frwil MDL Addicted

Sep 22, 2008
    Pretty much sure "they" don't care as well, and SP1 is not going to contain any WAT, neither updated nor un-updated.

8. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Every crystal ball will put forward different outcomes indeed gauged by the user and their own clarity or non-clarity based perceptions...lol But indeed I will not "worry" about something upon which I cannot control but just be in harmony with it instead...lol Hence so the experience I have should be the one I will have later if truly I am perceiving correctly...lol

Hence "do not worry"...lol

TS

9. craftbrewer

craftbrewer MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    you should realise WAT itself wont be updated, so it will be there.

WAT sends all the information about your computer to M$. The only thing that can be so called updated (and that can occur at anytime), is what parameters, ie information, M$ uses to determine when a machine is non-genuine. This is flexible and not set in stone.

10. sofatiger51

sofatiger51 MDL Senior Member

Mar 3, 2010
    #10 sofatiger51, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
    Windows is like Swiss cheese, full of holes. It can be cracked, patched, emulated may be toasted lol. Isn't it anti-virus programs, anti-malware, anti-trojan are basically designed for Windows systems?
    Ubuntu users will be laughing at you if you bring up anti-virus program. What?

11. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    #11 SoLoR, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
    What?! stop talking jibbrish.... EVERY SYSTEM CONNECTED TO INTERNET IS HACKABLE (if you dont want to get hacked pull the plug, ONLY safe way to do it). And please stop talking about linux, linux have MOST 0 days exploits ever, because of its opensourcenes... They are patchables faster... sure, but people cant keep up to date with event 5-10 updates for windows/month you really think they would keep up with daily(weekly) builds of linux software? Eh... what you could do with linux systems 10+ years ago... lets not talk about it... every script kiddie could get root access on every 2nd linux box (this where universety servers and even some govermant), while on windows maschines you could achive blue screen what is better? Seriously ONLY thing seperating Windows/IE and all other linux/macosx/mozzila/chrome crap is jurnalism. Story that effects MOST (shocker Win/IE again) people is more publicized... SHOCKER but thats how the world rolls.

If one more person says windows/ie is less secure then linux/firefox (or any other combo), he should maybe read some more... or actualy have some expiriances (even if old ones) for "other side". I never EVER in my life have malware on my windows (since 3.1 forward) system, unless i created one for "testing purposes", so i seriously dont know... only thing i avoid is random sites (in VERY suspicus email messages if i may add) that sended me by mail or downloading stupid crap from internet that "smells" after malware.

PS: i dont care about what im using, im simply using whats most "popular" and it have biggest support from 3rd party software companys.... if someday linux or osx gets 50+% share and every software will be written for it, ill be first in line to switch. But until its not, just stop telling storys with no basis... also IF that day comes, expect s**tloads of exploits for that system and every other news site writing about that... so thing twice before you recommend to anyone linux again, because you DONT want that day to come since it will burst your bubble.

12. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    I only wish everyone would realize this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    The sad part about this is most people don't know this....

14. FattysGoneWild

FattysGoneWild MDL Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Why are people so worried about WAT? People at MDL are always ahead of MS. Even if it just so happen MS got 1 past the community. Which I think the chances of that happening would be extremely rare. I imagine some smarty would have a fix with in 24hrs.

15. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    And with 120 days trial as a back up plan even less reason to trip over this WAT, SP1 deal. OMG stop the stressing :eek:

This is why I wanted IR4 to get created as to not have to worry "Am I activated" OMG...lol

Activation, I don't even go there...lol

16. FattysGoneWild

FattysGoneWild MDL Member

Mar 7, 2010
    I remember when you first started on the IR project. It has coming along FAST! :D

17. NiHiLisT

NiHiLisT MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Yen,

did he said that for real?

Just wondering ;)

18. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    If it's true it's one of the coolest things I've ever heard...lol :D

19. NiHiLisT

NiHiLisT MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Indeed! I smiled ;)

20. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    It's like the coolest thing I ever heard on MDL...lol Ever...lol