SP1 preparation using old Hazar Loader/Blacklisted Lenovo key

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Celeras, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Celeras

Celeras MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Yes, I read the KB971033 sticky.

I just know the dangers of piling too much crap ontop of eachother, and want to clarify. I used the pre-release Hazar Loader, which used the Blacklisted Lenovo key (PMJBM). I have successfully ignored KB971033 until now, but I suspect its going to be shoved down my throat by the time SP1 comes around... so I want to preemptively prepare myself.

Should I just change my key using the steps in the first part of the sticky? Uninstall/Use Daz Loader ala the second part of the sticky? Both? :worthy:

2. Calistoga

Calistoga MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    #2 Calistoga, Jul 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
    I think you can download the Daz Loader, then click "Uninstall" before doing anything else. It is my understanding that will effectively uninstall the Hazar Loader.

To be sure that the old loader is removed; reboot the system after the uninstall. If the system is not activated, the uninstall was successful.

Now you should install the Daz Loader and live happily ever after. You should also be able to install KB971033 without any troubles.

;)

3. david toska

david toska MDL Member

Nov 30, 2009
    The loader you talk about still work with KB971033 if you change to another oem-slp key.

4. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    The loader you used will work but I would go with either Daz or ODIN as they are more modern loaders out there. As for SP1 having WAT. If it does Benjamin from Rockersteam will make a modded SP1 that will not have WAT in it so that should be a non issue lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Is there any evidence SP1 is more than a collection of updates ? I seen rumours about USB 3 and Sata 3 but the hardware manufacturers produce drivers for their chipsets anyway - Microsoft usually just include their stuff. I have both running via an asus card.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I heard that it is just updates that you can normally get through WU but that is just a rumor, I personally thought Service Packs are more then that but who knows.

7. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    I'm not a SP1 Junkie myself but as soon as it's out I'll install it as to hopefully get my 5 Rearms :eek:...lol