"Space Bitmap Descriptor at block 0 is corrupt or unreadable"

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by esperanceguy, Sep 29, 2013.

1. esperanceguy

esperanceguy MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2011
    Having had the $39.99 Windows 8 upgrade since last October and being someone who reinstalls Windows quite a lot, I thought it would be good to have the full version, so I bought one off eBay from a seller whom 95% of buyers have a positive experience with. It took a couple or so weeks to arrive from the US, and I waited a couple more days before trying it out. The installation gets to around 50% before a message with error code 0x80070570 pops up; I ran the disc through chkdsk via the command prompt, which gave me the message in the title above, and then it said we've found a few errors, you can fix it with chkdsk /fix - which it then said it couldn't do, as the disc is locked. I've done some Googling and emailed the seller, but in the meantime: Are any of you clever enthusiasts able to help me out in any way whatsoever?? Is there anything I can do to repair/fix this corruptability, or should I just hit up the seller for a refund?

After all, I did pay in good faith that the item would arrive in full working order, etc
    :dots:

2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
  3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    First at all and for to be sure that you got an legal version, check the COA number for to identify not get an package which isn't come form any "special" production! We're suing an supplier of cheap Windows 8 Packages for fraud because they sold bogus Windows 8. Even they look completely like the Original include all papers, Packaging and DVD's the COA were never used for real MS Product's. The 2 DVD's also looking exactly like the Original include the Hologram and still are a copy!
    An other Sticker on the Package show that the product were out of Ingram Micros product line from the USA and that's also not true. And on the COA Sticker it's printed that the product were produced in the USA, also fake.

Sorry that I could not send pictures from that because all packages we had were confiscated by Thai Authorities.

Just take avery close look what you bought. The time of to get those from the USA, you told were quite long, indicates also that something is wrong!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. esperanceguy

esperanceguy MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2011
    Postage/receival time isn't as big a problem, given that I live in a town at the bottom of the deep dark south-east coast of Western Australia, which is one day's journey away from the big city and even waiting for something to arrive from the other side of the country can take up to a week... the Win 8 installation disc looks kosher to me, as does the product key, although the casing was damaged from its transit. I think this is the first time I'm needing to dispute an eBay purchase, which luckily was paid for with Paypal.

That other bit about sha-1 'n' stuff leaves me :confused::confused:
    I hope I can work it all out! o_O

5. esperanceguy

esperanceguy MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2011
    HOW do I do the first bit, when I don't have an msdn subscription??

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    The Hash check is the most easy part. As I wrote, I would first check the COA certificate number with MS for to be sure that those is correct and after that the product key.

Sure all could "look" like genuine as it does for the Packages we got cheated with! It just would cost a bit of effort for to do a deeper check and maybe a phone call, if not use the way over the Internet! It's worth to do that, me think!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
  8. esperanceguy

esperanceguy MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2011
    Nope, I'm sorry, I still don't get it... I'm dumb and it looks like I'm #$!#!! as well :(

9. david_xross_2

david_xross_2 MDL Senior Member

Aug 31, 2012
    #10 david_xross_2, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    1. Look here (The Windows 8.1 (& related) Repository):vertag: and download your required ISO (32 bit or 64 bit)..

2. Burn your Downloaded ISO to DVD or create a bootable USB device

3. Start the setup and input your purchased key.

How hard can it be? :eek:

10. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012