Specific programs advice - Security, Registry, Monitoring

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by LFDDatMyDigitalLife, Sep 23, 2010.

1. LFDDatMyDigitalLife

LFDDatMyDigitalLife MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2010
    Hello,

I would like to know if some of you could give me advice on program to install on my new Windows 7 Ultimate x64...

There is three major areas: security, registry tools and hardware monitoring !

I'm looking for programs specifically designed for precise purpose, and preferably stand-alone programs, or light programs that not install services, startup entries and a lot of keys in registry.

Let's begin with registry tools:
    Cleaner: I'm using CCleaner
    Tracer: I'm using SysTracer v.2.2
    Defragmenter/compactor: ??? (need you help)
    (Registry Workshop ? Registry Clean Expert ? Quicksys Registry ? Uniblue Registry Booster ? ... )

Security tools:
    I need a complete security solution... I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials (happy with it) with Windows firewall but I'm looking for an antispyware, antimalware, antirootkit and a firewall if you think the windows one is really not much performant.

Hardware monitoring:
    Here I'm just looking for a small program that could give me the temperatures of CPU (and motherboard), GPU and HDD in the tray notification... if you know such a program.

Thank you a lot for your advised advice

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...