Speed drop

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by hotmusik4u, Aug 27, 2020.

1. hotmusik4u

hotmusik4u MDL Novice

Jan 8, 2018
    I need help in a very strange situation.

I subscribe to Turbobit and Nitroflare. I also use Free Download Manager.

When I start a download via Turbobit, after about 5 minutes the download drops too much, less than 1% of my connection. My download rate is 100 Mbits / s (12 MBytes / s).

When using Nitroflare, everything is normal, I can download at maximum speed.

What do I have to do? Restart the PC (Windows 10 1909, 64bit) and redo the download and again the download drops.

Does anyone have an idea of what happens and how can I solve it?

Thanks in advance.

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    @hotmusik4u
    If you are not registered and paid user, ie You're a free user, the maximum download speed from these sites is not more than 54kbit/s.
    Sometimes even less than 10kbit/s.
    And there is no way You can make it faster, only if you pay money, maybe only then will you get faster.
    That is their goal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    In OP he said he subscribes to both services. My question is why do you use a download manager? Perhaps that is the issue. I have had nothing but problems with download managers. I mean, why do you even need them?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    You may subscribe, it doesn't mean at all nothing, if You don't pay. As long as You don't pay, You can't download anything faster, that's it.
    The server sets the speed.
    Have you really never opened the homepage of these servers or some other similar servers?

5. hotmusik4u

hotmusik4u MDL Novice

Jan 8, 2018
    I pay for turbobit and nitroflare.

now, I'm using eagleget. the same thing.

* Have you really never opened the homepage of these servers or some other similar servers?

I always open the page for the turbobit or nitroflare.

* In OP he said he subscribes to both services. My question is why do you use a download manager? Perhaps that is the issue. I have had nothing but problems with download managers. I mean, why do you even need them?

I download a lot simultaneously. sometimes I need to take a break.

6. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #7 kaljukass, Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    If all of this is true, what you said in the previous post, and you're sure, your computer is OK
    and the problem isn't with your internet connection or any other program installed, such as an antivirus,
    you should contact the server owners.
    Only they can tell you why their servers have limited download speeds.
    But at the same time, I'm pretty sure they won't tell you that. Rather, they say the problem is anywhere else but not in their systems.
    This seems to be a completely typical blackmail system. And it can be assumed that their income is enough good to continue in the same way.

7. chillgates

chillgates MDL Senior Member

Dec 15, 2010
    there are many reasons for a slow download. host server may not maintaining proper cache for faster download. host server may not allowing simultaneous threads for downloading through a manager. your dns routing is not good for that particular host server. you may be using a vpn which is not following good route for the server. sometimes your isp also use vpn for the network which is not good at routing to particular host servers. check all of these issues first and then contact customer care of the host service.