SQL 2008 for SBS 2008 product key?

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by stupiddog, Mar 15, 2010.

1. stupiddog

stupiddog MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2007
    Hello,

The SQL Server 2008 that comes bundled with Small Business Server 2008 uses a special product key (product keys from other editions of SQL Server 2008 do not work). I could not find anything by searching and using google, too. Any ideas?

Best regards,
    stupiddog

2. rooshidavid

rooshidavid MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2010
    I would be glad to solve your query.
    Product keys and virtual keys are 25-character keys that are used to activate the software. Windows® Small Business Server 2008 product keys vary by software edition and type of operating system environment. Depending on the version of Windows SBS 2008 that you purchased, your product key is located on a sticker on the product packing or on a product key card.
    And if you purchased your server from an original equipment manufacturer , your server may have been pre-activated. However, if you need to enter your product key, the product key is provided on the Certificate of Authenticity sticker on your server. For Windows SBS 2008 Standard, the physical and virtual keys are both located on the COA. For Windows SBS 2008 Premium, the physical keys are on the COA and virtual product keys along with keys that are required for SQL Server are provided with the packaging materials on a product key card.

3. stupiddog

stupiddog MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2007
    Thanks, that worked!

4. asin123

asin123 MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    Could you please re-post the key?

5. jlgager

jlgager MDL Developer

Oct 30, 2009
    yes can you repost the key please!

6. rsmachado90

rsmachado90 MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2010
    Hi,
    I tried today and didn[ t work.
    Please, is there any new key for R2
    Thanks in advance,
    Ricardo

7. mcl

mcl MDL Junior Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Hello,

Do these pastebay links still work?

I've tried clicking on the links, but maybe I'm doing something wrong?