Srv 2012 - Stop 0xc0000001 during installation

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by highend, Dec 27, 2012.

1. highend

highend MDL Junior Member

Oct 5, 2008
    #1 highend, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Hi,

I want to integrate an en-US language pack and activate a few features for a Windows Server 2012 Standard VL before I install it.

So I went to my Windows 8 machine and did the following:

I extracted the dvd to: D:\Temp\SRV2012 and used a command prompt with admin rights to execute:

Code:
    Dism /Get-ImageInfo /ImageFile:"D:\Temp\SRV2012\sources\install.wim"

=> Index nr. 2 is: "Windows Server 2012 SERVERSTANDARD"

MKDIR "D:\Temp\Offline"
    Dism /Mount-Image /ImageFile:"D:\Temp\SRV2012\sources\install.wim" /Name:"Windows Server 2012 SERVERSTANDARD" /MountDir:"D:\Temp\Offline"

Dism /Image:"D:\Temp\Offline" /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:"NetFx3" /All /Source:"D:\Temp\SRV2012\sources\sxs" /LimitAccess

Dism /Image:"D:\Temp\Offline" /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:"DesktopExperience" /All

Dism /Image:"D:\Temp\Offline" /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:"Microsoft-Hyper-V" /All

Dism /Image:"D:\Temp\Offline" /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:"TelnetClient" /All

Dism /Image:"D:\Temp\Offline" /Add-Package /PackagePath:"D:\Temp\lp.cab"

Dism /Unmount-Image /MountDir:"D:\Temp\Offline" /Commit

Dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:"D:\Temp\SRV2012\sources\install.wim" /SourceName:"Windows Server 2012 SERVERSTANDARD" /DestinationImageFile:"D:\Temp\install.wim" /DestinationName:"Windows Server 2012 SERVERSTANDARD" /compress:maximum

All steps are executed perfectly, no error messages.

After exporting the image I've copied the new install.wim file back into the .iso file (via UltraISO) and created a new dvd from it.

But during installation I always get a Stop 0xc0000001 message and because of two automatic restarts I end on a black screen with the windows-start-manager that shows me the same error code and states that the os couldn't be started and needs to be repaired.

Did I do anything wrong? The original dvd installs fine so the error must have something to do with the steps that I've executed...

Tia,
    Highend