Startup Problems propably PCI Express.... but what?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Julius Hibert, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Julius Hibert

Julius Hibert MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2015
    Hi,
    a friend recommended this Forum, when i need any help.

So, my "super" Computer worked fine for so long and today i discovered something new, vastly desastrous!

It begann with the second Screen i see on a Startup.
    The first is a secondlong apearence of the American Megatrends Logo. But its only a blink.
    The second is this:
    IMG_20151026_162650.jpg
    This takes a while. And the duration of that Screen was new. Usually it finished in seconds... but now: Waiting

waiting and than THIS:

IMG_20151026_170918.jpg

Ok.... it continues to boot.

The first thing i did, was removing two harddrives, cause i thought the maybe... gone bad. Cause they are used to go bad some times. old Harddrives.

Fortunatley my SSD Drive works and is recognized by the System... hooray.

but it doesnt boot the Windows i installed on it.

By the Way i have windows 10 installed.

So .... I guess, something is wrong with some PCI-Express something....
    I have no clue and I hate it, when my computer doesnt easiely tell me whats is excactly wrong!

I only have one message ... this is when the boot is stopping and tells me:
    Restart and select a proper Boot device or insert a Boot Device.... something like that.

Yesterday everything seemed finde and today everything is s**t, and I didnt changed any Thing since yesterday.... nothing!
    Only today.... i just removed my 2 Backup Harddrives.

I Also cant give you much more information because all i can see is the Boot... and the bios.
    But i dont know what infos from the bios are helpfull.

I Hope anyone can help me, i am seriously desperate.

@my friend... wenn du das liest: Earl Grey ;)

2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Starting from Windows 7, Microsoft started putting the boot loader on your second drive. Removing the other drives probably removed your Windows 10 boot loader too, try this repair:

• Restart your pc first.
    • Then upon boot hit F8 key from the keyboard continuously. This is the same key that we use to boot the Windows system in safe mode.
    • Now from the Menu choose Troubleshoot.
    • You will get an Advance Option screen. From there choose Automatic Repair. If this helps then fine you can go ahead. But if not then do the above process back and instead of choosing Automatic Repair select CMD.
    • In CMD we will be using Bootrec.exe tool to fix the MBR. There are few commands you have to run.
    • First type bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd and hit enter.
    • Then type bootrec.exe /fixmbr and hit enter.
    • Then type bootrec.exe /fixboot and hit enter. Once done restart your pc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Julius Hibert

Julius Hibert MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2015
    Hitting F8 constantly of gave me A Screen where i can select from what device i want to boot... i can select my windows drive but....
    I only get the Same Message:

Insert a proper Boot device....

4. Julius Hibert

Julius Hibert MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2015
    I put one of the harddrives back in and when i select this harddrive in the bootloader something new happens:

IMG_20151026_181200.jpg

Its german so the message says:

There is an Startup error. Maybe the reason is a rescent change of hardware or software. Do the following things:

1. Put your Windows CD/DVD in and reboot
    2. Choose your languange (lol)
    3. Click "Repair computer"

Info: Error due to Start up selection. Acces to a nescecary Device isnt possible.

well, i only have a windows 7 DVD and i upgraded online to Windows 10...

And I still dont know what his problem is, at the beginning, this error from the first two pictures.
    Why he takes like minutes to continue and what error that is...

5. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Julius Hibert

Julius Hibert MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2015
    So propably my SSD is ... dead?

I cant acces the SSD via CMD Prompt from the windows 7 disk but I CAN acces my other harddrive.

7. Julius Hibert

Julius Hibert MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2015
    I just downloaded that tool to my laptop... Guess What...
    Error... i cant use this Toll with my Windows 7 Laptop because.... errorcode.
    At least when i want to use an USB Drive.... nope, also when i want to create an ISO.

8. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #8 Joe C, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  9. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Is that for the windows 10 download?
    You probably need to use a pc that can be upgraded to 10 in order to use the download tool

10. Julius Hibert

Julius Hibert MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2015
    Yes...

And that PD not Ready OCZ Error even apears when I removed the SSD....

11. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Are there any hard drives in your pc when you get this?

12. Julius Hibert

Julius Hibert MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2015
    #12 Julius Hibert, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    (OP)
    no, now i removed every hard drive...

I also tryed to reinstall Windows 7 on another hardrive... Guess What...

No... doensnt works because.... No Clue. He just says... Hey i cant, i just cant install Windows 7 on your harddrive, because i cant do this and that but what exactly i cant do... i am not going to tell you.

13. Antilope

Antilope MDL Member

Sep 15, 2015
    #13 Antilope, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    Using your Windows 7 PC, you can make a live bootable Linux rescue USB flash drive. You can use this to access and run repair tools on your system.

Use Rufus to create an MBR or UEFI live bootable Linux Mint USB flash drive. Use a Linux Mint x64 ISO as the source. Linux Mint x64 has UEFI support (32 bit version may not), a Foxfire browser built in, copy/delete file manager and even disk partitioning software (Gparted) all accessible from the USB live boot stick when booted. It all fits on a 8gb USB stick.

Best of all, its live graphical interface looks and operates very much like Windows.

-Here is how to create a MBR / UEFI bootable USB flash drive:

First download and install Rufus bootable USB creator in Windows. Second, download the Linux Mint x64 ISO.

-How to use Rufus to create a MBR / UEFI bootable USB flash drive.

Here's how to fill out all of the fields in Rufus to create a MBR / UEFI bootable USB flash drive from a Linux Mint x64 ISO.

Plug in your USB drive first. Everything on it will be erased.

How to fill out Rufus options.
    Under the following fields, fill in:

First, click on "Disc Icon" button (on the right side about 2/3's of the way down the Rufus menu) and find and select the Linux Mint x64 ISO source file on your hard disk. This is used to create the bootable USB flash drive.

Device:
    choose the USB flash drive you are using from the drop down menus. If you only have one USB drive plugged in, it will be the only one on the list.

Partition scheme and target system type:
    Select...
    "MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI"
    OR
    "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"
    depending on the type of hard disk partitioning used on the system the USB drive will boot on.

File System:
    Select "FAT32 (Default)"

Cluster size:
    Select "4096 bytes (Default)"

New volume label:
    Optional - fill in label name if desired

Format Options:

Select "1 Pass"

[ ] Check device for bad blocks (I don't check this option)
    [X] Quick format
    [X] Create a bootable disk using "ISO image"
    [X] Create extended label and icon files

Click START.

If Rufus asks:

Please select the mode that you want to use to write this image:

( ) Write in ISO image mode (Recommended)
    (x) Write in DD image mode

Select DD image mode and then select OK. Rufus 2.4 and above will ask. Rufus 2.2 and below doesn't ask or give these options, but works okay anyway.
    I've found DD image mode best for Linux ISO's and ISO image mode best for Windows ISO's. If one
    doesn't work or boot, re-create the bootable USB with the other option.

Allow Rufus to complete (can take up to 5-minutes or even a little longer) and you will have a MBR / UEFI bootable live Linux Mint USB flash drive that will have a browser, file copy/delete and even disc partitioning.

After you boot from the USB Linux Mint flash drive, run the Gparted hard disk partitioning program to see if it detects your hard disks. You can use it to re-partition hard disks using the Windows NTFS option.

There is even a Windows emulator called "Wine" in Linux Mint that you can install to run some Windows programs. In Linux Mint, check out the Software Manager program. From it you can access and install many Linux software programs.

While in a Live Linux USB session, if you press Logout or Switch User and get stuck in a Login screen, here is how to get out:

To get out of the Login Screen and reboot:

Press CTRL-ALT-F1 to go to a terminal window.
    Now Press CTRL-ALT-DELETE to reboot.

or

Press CTRL-ALT-F8 from the Logon screen. That will pop you back into the Live session.