Step by step help to WAMT 2.0

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by myhken, Jul 25, 2010.

  1. myhken

    myhken Experienced MDL Tester

    Feb 28, 2010
    919
    635
    30
    #1 myhken, Jul 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  2. myhken

    myhken Experienced MDL Tester

    Feb 28, 2010
    919
    635
    30
    Nobody know what I do wrong? Or why it don't work at my computers?
     
  3. 91011

    91011 MDL Novice

    Feb 18, 2010
    38
    1
    0
    I checked the same key the same way your pics show, and it has 7771 activations left, down from around 8000 late last week. Sorry, but I have no idea why it's not working for you.
     
  4. myhken

    myhken Experienced MDL Tester

    Feb 28, 2010
    919
    635
    30
    What OS do you use, and do you only have installed VAMT 2.0?
     
  5. 91011

    91011 MDL Novice

    Feb 18, 2010
    38
    1
    0
    I'm using a fairly new install of Win 7 Pro on a BIOS-modded machine. Installed the VAMT version below, downloaded last week from the same link as in your first post.

    Volume Activation Management Tool
    Microsoft Corporation
    Version: 2.0.67.0
     
  6. myhken

    myhken Experienced MDL Tester

    Feb 28, 2010
    919
    635
    30
    #6 myhken, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
    (OP)
    The solution was to install Windows WAIK 7 and use VAMT 1.2 to check the remaining activations. If I then upgrade to VAMT 2.0 on the same computer, I can not update the remaining activation counts anymore. So I have no clue of why VAMT 2.0 don't work.
    The only thing that don't work in VAMT 1.2 is Office 2010 MAK keys...but I don't have any, only Windows 7 and Windows 2008 / R2 MAK keys, and they all work in VAMT 1.2
     
  7. boom2k

    boom2k MDL Novice

    Mar 27, 2010
    2
    0
    0
    #7 boom2k, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
    Hi,

    i got the same issue with VAMT 2.0, VAMT 1.2 works
    here the error i get (used burp suite for tracing) (vamt 2.0)

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="h t t p: / / schemas. xmlsoap. org /soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="h t t p: / / w w w. w3.org / 2001 / XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd=" h t t p : // w w w.w3.org / 2001/ XMLSchema">
    <soap:Body>
    <BatchActivateResponse xmlns=" h t t p : / / w w w. microsoft. com/BatchActivationService">
    <BatchActivateResult>
    <ResponseXml>&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?&gt;
    &lt;ActivationResponse xmlns:xsi="h t t p: / / w w w.w3. org /2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="h t t p: / / w w w . w3. org /2001 / XMLSchema" xmlns="h t t p:/ / w w w. microsoft. com/ DRM/ SL/BatchActivationResponse/1.0"&gt;
    &lt;VersionNumber&gt;1.0&lt;/VersionNumber&gt;
    &lt;ResponseType /&gt;
    &lt;ErrorInfo&gt;
    &lt;ErrorCode&gt;0x80131600&lt;/ ErrorCode&gt;
    &lt;/ErrorInfo&gt;
    &lt;Responses /&gt;
    &lt;/ActivationResponse&gt;</ ResponseXml>
    </BatchActivateResult>
    </BatchActivateResponse>
    </soap:Body>
    </soap:Envelope>


    working with vamt 1.2..:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap=" h t t p : / / schemas. xmlsoap. org / soap/ envelope/" xmlns:xsi="h t tp : / / w w w.w3. org/ 2 001 / XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="h t t p : / / w w w .w3. org/ 2001/ XMLSchema">
    <soap:Body>
    <BatchActivateResponse xmlns="h t t p : / / w w w. micro soft .com/BatchActivationService">
    <BatchActivateResult>
    <ResponseXml>&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?&gt;
    &lt;ActivationResponse xmlns:xsi="h tt p : / / w w w.w 3. org/ 2001/ XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="h t tp :/ /w w w.w3.org/ 2001/ XMLSchema" xmlns="h t t p : / / w w w . microsoft. com/ DRM/ SL / BatchActivationRespons e/1.0"&gt;
    &lt;VersionNumber&gt;1.0&lt;/VersionNumber&gt;
    &lt;ResponseType&gt;2&lt;/ResponseType&gt;
    &lt;BatchId&gt;{c4c39907-e628-4c15-96a8-be92fe1b4466}&lt;/BatchId&gt;
    &lt;Responses&gt;
    &lt;Response&gt;
    &lt;PID&gt;12345-00XXX-00X-XXXXXX-03-10XX-7600.0000-2942010&lt;/PID&gt;
    &lt;ActivationRemaining&gt;4493&lt;/ActivationRemaining&gt;
    &lt;/Response&gt;
    &lt;/Responses&gt;
    &lt;/ActivationResponse&gt;</ResponseXml>
    </BatchActivateResult>
    </BatchActivateResponse>
    </soap:Body>
    </soap:Envelope>
     
  8. myhken

    myhken Experienced MDL Tester

    Feb 28, 2010
    919
    635
    30
    I did install a English version of XP SP3 on a virtual computer. then installed .NET 3.1 + VAMT 2.0. Then added some serials, and then it worked. I did so start updating my virtual computer, and now it has all updates installed, and VAMT 2.0 still work.
    If I try it on a Norwegian version of XP, it do not work...why, don't know, and have not done much research. It's workes now, and I'm happy. One more virtual computer running on my server...
     
  9. LostED

    LostED MDL MIRROR Hardlink

    Jul 30, 2009
    3,933
    9,515
    120
    try 2 remove microsoft things from host file
     
  10. Tito

    Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

    Nov 30, 2009
    17,209
    14,764
    340
    Well, VAMT 2.0 works fine in my English XP SP3...
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. alex_voyager

    alex_voyager MDL Junior Member

    Oct 30, 2007
    79
    1
    0
    The solution to make WAMT 2.0 works is set the Language = ENGLISH on international option (from control panel - above formatting number).
     
  12. boom2k

    boom2k MDL Novice

    Mar 27, 2010
    2
    0
    0
    thx alex, it worked.. well another - my program isnt working properly cause of a non english language setting