Steve Jobs died today 5/10/2011

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by johnnygt, Oct 6, 2011.

1. johnnygt

johnnygt MDL Senior Member

Jun 18, 2011
    #1 johnnygt, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
    [​IMG]

Steve Jobs, the mind behind the iPhone, iPad and other devices that turned Apple Inc. into one of the world's most powerful companies, has died.

Jobs took a leave from his post in January after suffering from pancreatic cancer.

The 56-year-old underwent an operation for cancer in 2004 and a liver transplant in 2009.

Jobs formed Apple in 1976 marketed what was considered the world's first personal computer.
    Apple issued a statement saying "Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor."

2. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    RIP Steve Jobs ....You will be missed :sad3:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    RIP Steve Jobs o_O, Great work in Apple inc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. IronMaiden

IronMaiden MDL Member

Oct 27, 2009
    I'll be damned...had no idea he had cancer. This is as sudden and unexpected as MJ's death.

Mr. Jobs, we thank you. :worthy:

5. lysy.lbn

lysy.lbn MDL Member

Apr 20, 2011
    I don't like Apple, but this man was important human in digital world..
    RIP Steve Jobs

6. igoreshka

igoreshka MDL Junior Member

Jul 5, 2011
    R.I.P. Steve Jobs .............

7. Windows4live

Windows4live MDL Addicted

Jan 31, 2011
    RIP Steve Jobs :rip:

8. luuxiii

luuxiii MDL Novice

May 10, 2011
    He is great man
    let he Rest in Peace
    Steve Jobs R.I.P.:confused::confused:

9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    To die with 56 years is far too soon. :rip:
    No matter if he or anybody else.

Anyway his idea and visions for Apple I don't honor. They are wrong.

10. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    I'm no fan of Apple , their hardware or marketing strategy . That said , a tragedy nonetheless . R.I.P

11. exo-dan

exo-dan MDL Senior Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I read an "interesting" tweet from Marc Cuban in response to Jobs' death......"The PC era is officially over"

WTF?

12. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    A strange comment indeed ! A few hundred million PC owners would have something to say about that :D

13. mythofuniverse

mythofuniverse MDL Junior Member

Sep 12, 2010
    May his Soul Rest In Peace....
    we all miss you..
    Marketing strategy of Jobs is way ahead of many successful people. Thats y before his end.. he saw Apple Corp. edge past the Software Giant Microsoft..
    I think he achieved his dream my making his company to a great level than anyone can imagine..

14. ASV93

ASV93 MDL Member

Apr 2, 2011
    :rip: Steve Jobs.

I liked some of your stuff...

15. Petronium

Petronium MDL Senior Member

Oct 1, 2009
    #15 Petronium, Oct 6, 2011
    [​IMG]

People in different ways to the corporation Apple: its products, marketing ...
    But everyone understands the contribution that Steve Jobs presented in modern life.
    His innovations have changed many lives. He wanted to change the world, and he achieved it.

:rip: Steve Jobs.

16. Niekess

Niekess MDL Addicted

Mar 31, 2011
    Never liked Apple, never hated them (but most fanboys I do and not fangirls, since well.. they are girls :wassat:) but its a sad news to see the big mind behind Apple passing away. He did made the world different, since I think without him competing with Google and Microsoft then they products wouldn't be like it is now.

R.I.P Steve Jobs.

17. X-MEN

X-MEN MDL Senior Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Miss you Steve Jobs...RIP..:-:)sad3:

18. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    #18 stayboogy, Oct 6, 2011
    sad that someone has died, yes. sad that an early innovator (not inventor because he did not invent the pc unlike most imbeciles believe) in the early pc development has died, yes.

but, sad that a mogul billionaire that promoted and supervised the development of mediocre products that were built from outdated hardware and cpus, sold at outrageously high mark-ups because of brand name and false marketing strategies and lies put into the media and marketing arena by the same company that their products are "immune to viruses" when they are not, nor will ever be, and who based aesthetics and brand as being just as important and even more important than functionality, reliability, and progression; and a CEO whose strategy was to market to the weak-minded who view name brand as being synonymous with functionality, reliability, and progression in order to fill his pockets, no, not sad at all, in fact good riddance to such things...

may Apple's stocks go to the garbage where they belong with their iCrap junk...

Steve Jobs was not a god or a genius by any means, he was more concerned with profits, not with progression or making anyone's "life better" as some claim. if you think so, you are sadly wrong, completely wrong in fact. name one thing that Apple has made "better"?? you can't because they didn't make anything "better" other than marketing schemes that play on people's stupidity...

19. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Not really good to speak ill of the dead...... However you are correct in all that yoou have said. crAPPLE is and always has been style over substance for me.

20. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    thanks for the support,

not an attack on his person or speaking ill of the dead, that's what the first two lines were for, because he has done one thing that is notable--the rest were an attack on his method, not his person, because personally i don't know him, but from his method i think it speaks volumes to what kind of person he should be perceived as too...