Steven Sinofsky Leaves Post As President Of Windows At Microsoft

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by robmadden1, Nov 13, 2012.

1. robmadden1

robmadden1 MDL Member

Oct 21, 2009
  2. Diverge

Diverge MDL Junior Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Can't be a good sign for a guy in that position to leave just as they released a new versions of windows across all platforms...

3. ODY123

ODY123 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2011
    That could be the sign of failure for Windows 8, let's hope Windows 9 can do better...

4. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Its too early to say if Windows 8 is a failure ODY123 as it was released a little less then 3 weeks ago.

Opinion wise I have a list of faults with Windows 8 care to say where I should start :rolleyes:

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. c3po

c3po MDL Junior Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Sinofsky seems to have an oportunity to became CEO at a different company, this is why he leaved Microsoft. It's not very bad he left Microsoft however.
    The bad news here is the woman who replace him. She was in charge with the development of the new "Metro" interface. It's more her ideea.

Probably next version of Windows will have no desktop anymore.

7. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010

:bash: the Desktop is here to stay.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Bec07

Bec07 MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2011
    I didn't like windows 7 coming from XP. My laptop fans never stopped screaming while I was using windows 7. It was a resource hog and Win 8 is proof that things can look good without aero.
    I think even windows 8 can be made lighter, there's just so many services and "stuff" I will never use.

Last but not least, windows 8 seems a rushed product. The metro UI makes little sense as a "Start" replacement. The start button is still where it always was but now you had to drag the mouse over there to see it? Seriously Microsoft?
    To uninstall an app from metro, I'm being taken to the old windows uninstaller, where I have to look myself for that app? Seriously?
    If they wanted to do something right they should have removed the whole concept of start and make a metro UI out of the desktop with properly manageable shortcuts and files.

In my opinion Steven Sinofsky did little for windows and so did Balmer. Windows was just pushed forward with the tide/trend instead of being really innovative. Maybe it's a great corporate product but it seems like this is the first time in years Balmer moves his fat ass out of the jacuzzi and tries to do something for the enduser.
    Microsoft deserves somebody more competent, somebody that is able to integrate touch properly instead of the two-faced mess windows 8 is.

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Hm....! I think you're wrong! For the Metro Julie Green were responsible and she is now on his place! Agrr...!

10. snorge

snorge MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    He probably just left because the project is done so to speak and wants to move on.

11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Not after 23 years of work for the same company! There were different thing for him to go! Or was he forced to go??

12. maddog0266

maddog0266 MDL Expert

Apr 26, 2011
    Did you think maybe that he wanted a change.
    I ran my own automotive shop for 16 years and then sold it to one of my guys that worked for me.
    I wanted a change.

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Wouldn't be the most bad idea!!:p

Apple is now quite a bit on the way down, loses on the Stock Market, loses Patent Cases and so on! Like it, to say at least!:biggrin:

14. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Expert

Jul 12, 2009
  15. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    IM pretty sure the radical change in the Windows GUI may had a little something to do with it too

16. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Guys, be sure that you never will guess the original reason for his sudden leaving the company. These stories which are told to you by official media all is BS and are there to only please you with "nice" content. MS' business is very hard and in such big companies, there always are new heads which like to reach the top management. Sinofsky is a guy who likes the technical side of business and Ballmer is the showman who represents the company in his own way. These two characters do not fit probably since Billy left the company. Perhaps Sinofsky didn't like the way Ballmer tends to do like Apple ... I don't know but we are facing hard times if some girls get on top of Microsoft ... lol :D

17. Boyfriend

Boyfriend MDL Senior Member

Feb 10, 2010
    We are now in tough time as these girls will promote touch and metro/modern more and more as they like 'touch' by nature :p We can expect Windows 9 named as Windows Pinky or Windows Milky with complete touch and no desktop :eek:

18. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    destroy m$ and then leaves. Sounds like he work for apple or google

19. Cal-123

Cal-123 MDL Novice

Feb 19, 2011
    #19 Cal-123, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
    I wish that were true! Billy would come a running! :D

Many things very good about 7 over XP...but thinking about it, really not that much. Staying with 7 for now, never will go to 8 - but I do miss XP's clean easy 'look', and it's speed (if tweaked a bit).

20. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Probably just wanted to spend more time with his money