STICKY KEYS FEATURE for Resetting Forgotten user account passwords

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by NikosGr, Nov 17, 2012.

1. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    #1 NikosGr, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I just followed this artciles and it works great also in Windows 8 Pro

BUT

When it happens we use Greek letters for username account we get an error that this action cannot be done.

Code:
    (c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. Με επιφύλαξη κάθε νόμιμου δικαιώματος.
    Το σύστημα δεν είναι σε θέση να εντοπίσει το μήνυμα που αντιστοιχεί στον αριθμό
    μηνύματος 0x8 στο αρχείο μηνυμάτων του System.

C:\Windows\system32>net user

Λογαριασμοί User για \\

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Administrator            Guest                    Νικοτσάρας
    Η εντολή ολοκληρώθηκε με ένα ή περισσότερα σφάλματα.

C:\Windows\system32>net user Νικοτσάρας test
    Παρουσιάστηκε το σφάλμα συστήματος 8646.

Το σύστημα δεν είναι σύστημα ελέγχου ταυτότητας για τον καθορισμένο λογαριασμό κ
    αι επομένως δεν μπορεί να ολοκληρώσει τη λειτουργία. Προσπαθήστε να επαναλάβετε
    τη λειτουργία χρησιμοποιώντας την υπηρεσία παροχής που σχετίζεται με αυτόν το λο
    γαριασμό. Αν πρόκειται για διαδικτυακή υπηρεσία παροχής, χρησιμοποιήστε την τοπο
    θεσία της υπηρεσίας παροχής.

C:\Windows\system32>

Now, how can i workaround the encoding issue?!?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Anyone can share an idea please?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    I dont choose too. When on Win8 installa time asks for your Windows Live ID its grabs the information form there and created the appopriate account.

Also not using english encoding as username is not an acceptable solutiuon for me.

4. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Create a Local Account at first and then convert it to a Microsoft Account :)

5. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011
    Read the error message, perhaps? The problem isn't the characters, it's that it's an online account. The message clearly says that it's not possible in that case.

6. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Seems a goo idea!

How can i do that at Win8 installation time?

7. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Where excatly does the error messge says that?
    And how come any other accounts i create can be password changed like "net user nikos test" and only characters with greek letter cant?

8. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Windows 8 automaticly shows you the Microsoft Account creation instead of Local Account, see the buttons on the bottom side, should say something like "Switch to Local Account" (sorry i don't remember what it was exactly, but something with Local :p, then you need to confirm you want a local account again.. (lol) there you go, input your Username and you are done, after you created it you can go to PC Settings under Users and change to a Microsoft Account.

But you don't need to re-install windows anyway if you just want to change it, Create a new Local Account with the username you want to use, go to Users panel on the Desktop and set it as Admin, then log out and switch to the new account, delete your old

Your Microsoft Account password can not be changed like this, use the Microsoft Website.

9. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    #9 Josh Cell, Nov 17, 2012
    Should be:

Code:
    net user "Your Username Here" "Your new password here"
    Don't forget the quotations.

For remove the password:

Code:
    net user "Your Username Here" ""
    * CMD.EXE must be elevated as administrator.

10. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011
    The message (in English) is:
    Your other accounts are probably local accounts, there's no issue resetting the password.

11. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    #11 NikosGr, Nov 17, 2012
    (OP)
    You cannot do that it doesnt let you as very coorectly the above poster says its an MS account and you have no authortiy to chnage it like that. Its not also an encoding issue.

12. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Very True! thank you! Ι also tried to create o local account with Greek letters and then altered the password easily without complaining about encodnig.

Its what you say it is an online MS account and local Win8 cannot change that.

13. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    #13 NikosGr, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
    (OP)
    I though the only change that cna be made is switching form a local <=> admin account not form a local <=> online account

You cannot do that. If you forgotten the ms account pass you can work your way up with the sethc.exe and open a cmd create a local account. login with it but from a local account you will not be able to alter it to an admin one. This would have required admin priovilges which you dont have because you are currently logged in as a local user and you ahve forgotten your ms online admin pass.

So even if the usernmae was with latin chars it would still wouldnt allow me to later the password.

14. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    #14 Shenj, Nov 17, 2012
  15. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
  16. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    #16 Shenj, Nov 17, 2012
  17. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    #17 NikosGr, Nov 17, 2012
    (OP)
    No need, cna always do from cmd:

Code:
    net user administrator /active:yes

But that will log me into admin account whether i want to be logged to my MS account.

18. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    #18 Shenj, Nov 17, 2012
    If you have no password and can't recover it, you can't login... simple as that o_O, get a new one and delete the old, input real name and your phone number into it.. (easy to recover pw that way, just send code to phone voila) don't waste your time like that :)

19. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012

I'am a a fair amount of mazochist so i'll try this more :)

net user administrator /active:yesthen login as admin then go to control panel users and change the type of my forgotten pass account from admin to typical userBUT still the system wont allow me to change the password form that accoutn via cmd.So, changind the type of account form admin to typical is still remaining an online MS account as it seems , yes?Then all i have to do is chnage this type of account form ms to local and then i guess it will work., so please tell me where should i go to do that!

20. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Hello and good day,

If you just tell me please since now iam logged into as an administrator, ho0w can i alter the type of nikotsaras user accoutn from MS online account to a local user account?