Stop Code Error: 0x80070570-0x2000c while upgarding from 8.1 to 10 1709

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by pisthai, Nov 2, 2017.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop Code Error: 0x80070570-0x2000c while upgarding from 8.1 to 10 1709

A few days ago we had a strong thunderstorm include a strong Lightning hit into the electricity of our building! That ended up for my part in damaging 6 computers, a huge 3kVA UPS, the Cable Modem, the TV Cable Receiver and a few other devices like Microwave and so on! Not funny at all! even for my part, everything had an electric grounding with fast surge protectors, somehow that very strong lightning still was getting into my electricity and damaged quite a bit, luckily no end up in a fire!

OK, I'm now on repairing, changing and doing new electricity grounding too. Started today to rebuild the first computer for my home office and got a problem with activation of Windows 10. So, after the auto- and manual-activation were rejected form MS on the new machine, I installed Windows 8.1, activated with my original PKey and started the upgrade to W10 1709, with the result, could not activate!! I got the Stop Code: 0x80070570-0x2000c!
    Now at this moment I'm on the way to download and install all updates fro W8.1 and will try the activation after done that completely, but think, that Stop Code Error will be back!

After reading quite a bit about that stop code, it may seem to be that it comes from a wrong Cluster Size. That will be the next I'll check after the 174 updates left are installed. Not sure that will helps?!

Any idea what else could be the problem? Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    damaged hard disk

3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Do you want to say that you can activate Windows 8.1 and cannot activate Windows 10? Can't understand.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Windows 8.1 Pro activated with no problem! But I could not upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 1709, here I got the Stop Code Error!

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    And just to mention: most of the hardware (MB, CPU, PSU, HDD) are new. Only 1 HDD are connected till now!!

If this continues to have activation errors, I'll install W7 Ultimate and upgrade that to W10 to see that will help!

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Finally done and activated!

How?
    1. Low-Level format the HDD
    2. installed Windows 8 Pro from original DVD 64bit and activated using Original Product Key, downloaded and installed all available updates for Windows 8;
    3. upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro from ISO via USB Flash drive, auto-activated, downloaded and installed all available updates for Windows 8.1;
    4. upgraded to Windows 10 Pro1709 from ISO via USB Flash drive, autoactivated
    That whole last 'game' has needed 8h for 2 to 4!

I could have that more easy and faster way using KMS, just I have the original and legal P-Key's, so I decided that's the way to go!

Now I'll start to install all needed apps and updates and after that, I'll create an image of the finished work.

And just to mention: I had also tried Windows 7 Ultimate, same problem as before while starting with 8.1 directly!!

Ok, all done now and the life could go on!

8. uffbros

uffbros MDL Senior Member

Aug 9, 2010
    All you had to do was clean install win 10 and activate with your 7 or 8.1 key???? Right guys?

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    NO!! That didn't worked! I had to do the full way as described in Post #8!

The simple reason for that: I changed the whole Hardware/Computer and the 'old' HWID was fully different from that new machine!

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    With the other 2 damaged computers, I'd the exact same problem and Stop Code Error! I tried again the direct activation after the new install: NOT worked! I also tried once more to direct install Windows 8.1 and than upgrade to Windows 10, didn't work either! 8.1 installed and activated fully, just the upgrade to 10 1709 gave the Stop Error again! so, installed 8, followed by an upgrade to 8.1 and then to 10 1709! THAT worked just fine!

So, everything back to normal, except the Cable Modem Router, I still wait for the ISP Service to come to change!

The total damages are THB 140,000.00 which is about US$ 4k! I'm now fighting with the Household Insurance about a claim! At least 60% I'll get from them but will keep fighting for 100%! Lightning and Power Damages are included in our policy!