Storahci.sys

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by nice, Aug 18, 2012.

1. nice

nice MDL Junior Member

May 6, 2007
    A small SCHIFOSISSIMO system file just 78 Kb I did install version core professional and Windows 8. For two days

I turned to the internet and no site I was able to find this file. The name is STORAHCI.SYS and should reside in

system32\driver, but those who do not take goes into the hole and failed to install these versions that

Microsoft is giving free and precisely because it is free I don't see the need to discourage the user putting in

head doubts about his ability to be able to install these system versions. What happens if you do not have this

file, a BEAUTIFUL BLUE SCREEN ASKING YOU to RESTORE the SYSTEM because IT LACKS THIS DAMN FILE. Do you know

where I found the offending file???? just in one of those versions and was placed alongside other peers that are

on your computer, but no. Microsoft has chosen to use this file without which you cannot install but to

terrorize the clientele ... but not a good choice for ME.
    Finally the question: How do I read the S.O.?? and is this the right thing to do???
    Thanks for your help!!!!!

2. fitz83

fitz83 MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2012
    Didi reply once, dunno why it didn't appear.

Set your SATA controller in the BIOS to IDE mode. Then you should be able to reboot and install it again from here.
    Then turn AHCI back on.

Cheers.